Need to vent....

Lisa R.
on 6/21/11 3:03 am - CA
In the past 2 weeks I have only lost 2lbs!!!  So in 2 weeks I have lost 4 lbs.  WTF!!  My BF told me that I still lost and I should be happy, but I could lose 2lbs with out surgery.  

I see people on here who had surgery around the same time as me and they have lost SO much more then I have.  Is this some kind of stall?  If you are still losing but very slowly, can that still be considered a stall? 

At only 7 weeks out I would think I would still be losing quite a bit a week.  I was on vacation last week and not on my regular routine.  I didn't work out that much, drove in the car for long periods of time and ate at fast food restaurants more then I want to admit.  Of course I choose better things and ate only a small portion.  I also did not do well with protein last week either on my trip.  

So today I need to get my butt up and hit the gym, get my protein in and get back on track and see if I can stop whatever this is that is going on.

Your comments, suggestion, encouragement and advice would be valued and appreciated right now!  Thanks! 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
psx chelly
on 6/21/11 3:15 am, edited 6/21/11 3:18 am
Round about my 3rd or 4th week, after surgery I had a 3 week stall. I'm not saying you're in a stall, but there's probably going to be 6 people who answer your post and say "don't compare yourself to others."

I have had TWO 3 week stalls, and one 2 week stall so far.

Just to give you some positive waves, there are plenty of people who were "around" my weight, who had the surgery about the same time that I had mine, and have also lost waaaay more weight than me. So you're not alone.

It used to bother me, but I have come to grips with it. In my case I still seem to be having issues with PCOS.. so it may be causing my slow if not impossible weight loss.

Just be patient, it will do its thing

ephraimmeir77
on 6/21/11 3:20 am - CA
"not on my regular routine ...didn't work out that much...
ate at fast food restaurants... I also did not do well with proteins"
I think you have your answer. We are in control of our own destiny.
Ephraim Osgood

Lisa R.
on 6/21/11 3:32 am - CA
 Yeah, I know, and I mentioned that in my post.  BUT, the week before that I only lost 2lb and I WAS on plan, getting in all the protein.  Maybe I need to step up the work outs?  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/21/11 5:05 am
you think?

BTW: in tyhe past - you probably would have gained weight once on vacation.  This time - you still lost. Not much - but some.
The fast food diet is loaded with salt. Some maybe water regain.
But - unless you really  follow the plan and get all the proteins and water ... and move.. you may not see real fast weight loss.  It is a journey. Long journey.  You di dnot gain all the weight in a week or even amonth or 6 months.. Same way - it will take time to get rid of it. It is a lot of work.
Surgery is a tool. Unless you use it together with good diet and exercise - you may not like the results.
Good luck...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

brcka2
on 6/21/11 3:20 am - Lake Station, IN
It is normal to hit stalls, your body gets use to what ever your doing and adjusts. I can tell you I am the queen of stalls, once went 6 weeks without loosing a pound. But you also have to get in enough calories to burn...I am not sure what everyone else does, but i notice if i eat at least 700-900 calories a day I lose about 3-5 lbs a week with about a 45 min work out 5 days per week. If i eat less calories I don't lose at all. When your stomach is so small it's really hard to get in 900 calories of healthy food anyway (no fat or sugar).

Hang in there, some days you will wake up and see the scale drop 3 lbs and be amazed you lost that over night. Try not to weigh yourself every day, it will fluxuate because of water gain.
I am 10 months out and I have lost 146lbs, that is almost half my body weight, it's not easy because there is alot of hard work. People say oh you had surgery took the easy way out..BY NO MEANS was this easy and I have to work harder and hareder the closer you get to your goal weight. Keep up the good work and DON"T give in...
JerseyJim
on 6/21/11 3:27 am - Sayre, PA
Aren't you more like 5 weeks out? I consider myself 4 weeks out and I had surgery a week after you.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Lisa R.
on 6/21/11 3:30 am - CA
 Surgery was 5/2/11, but my profile says 5/17/11 that is the day I signed up for the website.  So yes, I am 7 weeks and one day out as of today.  I have been trying to change that for a month now....lol

JerseyJim
on 6/21/11 3:41 am - Sayre, PA
 LOL! Try this: Go to "my account" at the top of the page.  Then to "My Journey" on the left side of the page, and it should open right onto the "Surgery" tab.  You can put your info in there and I think it will show on your posts.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Lisa R.
on 6/21/11 3:51 am - CA
 Ok, I did that but it doesn't show up in my profile when I post.  How do I change that?  Do you work in computers?  LOL  I feel like I am talking to the computer guy at work :)

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 508 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 490 views