I need a new life

seattledeb
on 6/21/11 11:37 am
I'm sorry things are so dark. For you, I will wish for light.
Take care because you are so worth it.
Deb T.

avidreader
on 6/21/11 11:39 am - Cary, NC
Lora, I have no words of wisdom but I do want you to know I appreciate your posting and advice.  I always read your posts and replies because I feel I can learn from you, even at over 3 years out.

I hope things turn around for you soon - the meds kick in the way your doctor hopes - your job gets better, etc.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/21/11 11:42 am - OH
I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words of support.  It always helps to know that there are people who care and are "in your corner", and I appreciate knowing that the time I spend here isn't wasted (some days I do wonder), LOL!

Depression is such an insidious thing... and I know that not feeling well physically makes it harder to combat.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Michelle E.
on 6/21/11 1:08 pm
Hey Lora, sorry to hear that you are feelng depressed. I would like to ask when was the last time you had your hormones checked? Here is what I was talking to my OB GYN about if there were any studies showing how hormones are related to depression.. no studies.. thats no big surprise.

When I was feeling out of it, down blue etc, instead of the normal course of anti depression medication, I tried Birth control for a few months. It seemed to regulate my hormone level. Maybe you should give that a try? just a suggestion...

If you hate your job, is there another position you can take?

Michelle
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/21/11 8:45 pm - OH
Thanks for the ideas, Michelle.  It is entirely possible that hormones are playing a part in this, but unfortunately, I have a significant history of DVTs (numeous incidenst over the past 30 years), so taking any kind of hormone is out of the question.

I have been looking for a new position for several months, but right now, there are just no suitable jobs in my area in EITHER of the areas for which I am trained.  (You would think that multiple master's degrees would provide a lot of job opportunities and flexibility, but not in THIS area of Ohio in THIS more-than-crappy economy.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lorib-house
on 6/21/11 1:02 pm
 Hi Lora,  I am so sorry you are feeling so unwell.  You have been so inspirational.  I always read your posts.  You are an intelligent woman *****ally writes well.  Please hang in there.  I know how those damned insurance companies can drive you crazy.  My daughter had a leak in her condo, from the roof down her kitchen wall.  It ruined her wood floors in her kitchen and hall and bathroom.  Neither her condo assoc. insurance or her homeowners ins.  would pay for it, and it took them 6 mos to deliver the good news to her.  You deserve much better.   I wish I had some good advice or some words of comfort, but can't think of anything.  You do make a difference in so many lives (mine included).  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Please keep us posted.  Lori
jkjstars123
on 6/21/11 1:09 pm - Tama, IA
Lora,

First of all my thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish so very much that you don't have to suffer all this pain.
You have helped me in the past and have help countless others get through our tough times. Now please lean on us for support.
Hang in there we care about you!!

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 10:17 pm
Good morning Lora...

Thinking about you... hoping today is a better day for you.

tori
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 378 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 292 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?