Upper GI and something else on Thursday morning

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/21/11 12:23 pm - OH
Pain has been pretty bad today (came home from work early... again), but am NOT in the mood to go to the ER and have yet another CT scan that won't show anything, so I just took some extra Vicodin (and had more ice cream... pfft).  The hospital finally called, though, to get me scheduled for the upper GI and whatever the other related thing was that the doctor ordered.  Thursday at 7am.

No, I don't expect it to show anything... just another test to show the surgeon that the only thing taht si going to help us resolve this is to go in and SEE (and get rid of!) the adhesions and whatever else might be going on.  I just cannot continue to live with this pain, and I am SO sick of people looking at me like I have lost my mind when I tell them that things in one area of my belly FEEL TIGHT when I move certain ways.  I think that THEY think I cannot tell the difference between the tightness of my muscle from the TT (TWO years ago!) and a deeper tightness (and PAIN).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 6/21/11 12:32 pm - OH
Sorry you're feeling so bad.  I hate when they can't see anything wrong so they assume nothing is wrong, and I imagine if you try to tell them you want them to go in and see what the problem is, they think you're nuts for wanting surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/21/11 12:40 pm - OH
Exactly.  I suspect that THEY would also be ASKING for surgery, though, if they had been dealing with the contsant low-level pain and intermittent severe pain for well over a year...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 6/21/11 12:43 pm - OH
Well, of course they would.

You know, I had a lot of nausea for a long time and they couldn't figure out why and I think they thought I was nuts.  Finally I saw a GI doc that diagnosed gastroparesis and prescribed meds that helped incredibly.  But I thin****il then, the docs I saw thought I was a hypocondriac or something because they didn't see anything wrong.  Plus, they prescribed zofran, and seemed to think it was somehow my fault if that didn't help my nausea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MzSunshines
on 6/21/11 12:59 pm
I read your posts and replys on here and you seem to be a very nice and sweet lady, I do hope they find whats wrong with you, Good luck at the Drs. and sending you prayers to get well soon!!!
ObiMomKenobi
on 6/21/11 3:06 pm
I hope that all goes well for you, and that they find the answers you need Quickly!

Amanda :)

Most Active
Recent Topics