Pannus problems...

arruncomic
on 6/23/11 12:42 am
Underneath my pannus it occasionally gets really raw. I wa**** everyday and apply baby powder. Any other suggestions?
At what point is it so bothersome that I need to think about removal?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

inocntdevil19
on 6/23/11 12:46 am - sylvania , OH
there is a product called Body glide.  you can get it at amazon.com or other sporting good stores.  runners and other athletes use it to avoid chafing maybe this owuld work for you.

mom23reds
on 6/23/11 1:22 am, edited 6/23/11 1:22 am - Bryan, TX
1. Wa**** let it air dry real well. Go to the doctor. Make sure the doctor documents the problem and the date plus any recommended solutions.

2. I found baby corn starch to work better than baby powder cause it didn't get all gummy from the sweat.

When it flares again, repeat #1.

I wound up having insurance not even blink when the doctor recommended pannus removal in conjunction with hernia repair. 8.6 lbs of skin went bye-bye (along with my belly button) in April 2009. Best surgery I had after 4 c-sections and gastric bypass. No I haven't lost all my weight. I only had lost 155 lbs at that point.

Susan

arruncomic
on 6/23/11 1:23 am
How far out from wls surgery were you?
mom23reds
on 6/23/11 1:26 am - Bryan, TX
20 months at the time. I'm almost 46 months out now. I haven't lost much more weight, but I also haven't been exercising because I haven't been motivated to get my a$$ out of bed at 4:30 am just to have time to exercise before I have to get my kids up and out of the house to be at school at 6:40 am every day...they're in marching band and this next year will have 0 period classes from 7 - 8 each day also.

Susan

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/23/11 1:25 am - OH
Some people use the Gold Bond powder.  You can also get a prescription from your doctor for nystatin powder which will help address the bacteria involved.  Baby powder can actually make rash issues worse.  If the rashes cannot be controlled, and the pannuis is of sufficient size (the requirements vary from one insurance company to another), your insurance pay pay to cover removal of the excess skin below the belly button, but you will need several months of documentation of the rashes and the actions taken to try to solve the problem non-surgically. 

Only YOU (and your insurance) can answer when it becomes "bothersome" enough (or "medically necessary") to have surgery.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

SunShine2010
on 6/23/11 2:00 am - Ranson, WV
i have the same problem the only thing i have found to work is to dry it really well and apply the walmart brand of baby powder with cornstarch in it works wonders for me the cream my doctor gave me helps some but it doesn't keep it dry like it should be

murdockt
on 6/23/11 2:39 am - Redmond, OR
I am a retired nurse. We would recommend that you wash the affected area with Head and Shoulders shampoo. Dry and then apply corn starch or medicated powder. No baby powder. If the area is painful, we also suggested Desitin ointment for awhile. It is used for diaper rashes. Rose
tulips52
on 6/23/11 4:26 am
 I use A & D ointment.

vmeyerw
on 6/23/11 5:06 am - belfield, ND
dry really well after shower and i use gold bond powder . works very well .i havent had any problems since using gold bond!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 561 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 547 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 11 views
Recent Topics