Vit K still extremely low

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/24/11 9:44 am - OH
Despite taking 100mg of Vitamin K per day (in addition to whatever is in my 2 multivitamins), my Vitmain K level is even lower than it was a couple of months ago when I had the serious bleeding episode.  I was in a meeting when my PCP's office called back about it after they got the fax from the surgeon's office, so will talk to them on Monday.  I'm sure he will just have me increase the supplement, but I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what might be causing my K levels to be dropping so precipitously (other than just the lack of absorption from the RNY).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

vitalady
on 6/24/11 10:16 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
100 mcg is about the same as nothing

rx is 5000 mcg or 5mg

there is OTC 1000 mcg or 1mg in water soluble form

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/24/11 11:48 am - OH
Thanks, Michelle.  (Anyone wanna bet that my doctor's initial suggestion is to just double the current dose...!?!?  Yeah, that was {sarcasm on} SO successful {sarcasm off} when I tried it with the Vitamin D.... we wasted almost 9 months screwing around with increasing it by 1000 and then 2000 units per day!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

vitalady
on 6/25/11 11:06 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
My B-I-L just reminded me - again - that docs have no vitamin training. He reminds me every time he sees me. 2 hrs. But the instructor was gone that day so he signed them all off anyway. Like 2 hours woulda helped?

And seriously, they are good at RX. I want them to know what to give me for X, Y or Z, but prefer them to leave the vitamin stuff to me and let me use the stuff that works vs rx stuff.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active
Recent Topics