Wanted to share this recipe - Enjoy

lovinme4ever
on 6/25/11 5:37 am
Banana Wafer Pudding

- 2 small packages of sugar free/fat free instant vanilla pudding
- 8 oz. fat free whipped topping
- 8 oz. fat free sour cream
- 1 box of low fat vanilla wafers (I don't eat these as I am not daring enough)(you can omit these)
- 3 to 5 bananas

Directions:
In a large bowl, prepare pudding according to package directions. Set aside. In another bowl, blend whipped topping and sour cream. Slowly add sour cream mixture to vanilla pudding using a hand mixer - make sure it is completely mixed.

In a presentation bowl layer banana then pudding mix then wafers, etc. End with pudding on top. For a topper you can take remaining wafers and place them in a decorative fashion and sprinkle a few wafer crumbs on top.

I used to make this without all of the fat free stuff and now I only make this this way not only for myself but for some diabetic family members. I also made it for a picnic this past weekend and nobody knew it was fat free until I told them. They loved it and couldn't tell the difference.
Lovinme4ever    
armywife05
on 6/25/11 7:02 am
Sounds yummy! Without the vanilla wafers of course, like you...I don't want to try it! I bet you could even boost the protein content by making the pudding the high protein version. My nut suggested adding 1/3 cup nonfat powdered milk per cup of regular milk in a sugar free pudding to increase the protein content. Mix it into the milk before you add the pudding mix, it just makes the milk a little more creamy. I think there's 8 grams of protein per 1/3 cup, just like 8 oz of milk. That'd just about double the protein per serving for us!! Going to try that soon for sure!
First Goal

lovinme4ever
on 6/25/11 8:36 am
That is a great idea. I will do that next time. But I am so new at this that I am not sure of where to get the nonfat powdered milk..the grocery store?

Thanks for the tip.
Lovinme4ever    
Miriam Richardson
on 6/25/11 10:33 am - Eldorado, IL
I would use plain, fat free greek yogert instead of the sour cream. It sounds yummy.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

lovinme4ever
on 6/25/11 12:22 pm
Another great suggestion. Will also give this a try.
Lovinme4ever    
Most Active
Recent Topics