Vitamin A level

myspanisheyes
on 7/2/11 1:20 pm - TX
My Vitamin A level is 49! Is this low? What should it be?
Thanks!

siberiancat
on 7/3/11 12:01 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
My Vit A was 35 in  March 2010, got it up to  51 in Sept of 2010 and in March 2011 it is 52.

I'm taking Vitalady Tender Vitamin A 25,000 twice a day.

I've ate Vit A rich foods daily for the last year.  I can't increase Vit A with food - it has to be supplements.

I'm working to get it to 75.  That's the high range of normal lab values (that is for a "normal" person - not a bariatric patient - so If I can get it higher than 75 - that's even better).

Hope that helps.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

myspanisheyes
on 7/3/11 7:09 am - TX
Thank you so much for answering me. So, for a bariatric patient vit. A should be above 75, right! I bought some Vit. A 1000 for $4.00 at Walmart but when I opened it, I realized they look so much like the vitamin E. I'll order the Tender Vit.A from Vitalady. In the mean time will I malabsorb these that I just bought?

Blessings, Rosemary

siberiancat
on 7/3/11 8:11 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I really don't know about the Vit A in gel that you bought.  It certainly isn't strong enough.  When you go on Vitalady website - you can contact her.  She had bariatric surgery years ago (over 10) an she will answer any emails and questions.

My lab test paper work had 75 as top of the normal level.  Your lab results may have different "normals" listed on them.

Always get copies of  your labwork.  The "normals" range are for everyone, not specific for bariatric patients that are missing most of stomach and 1/3 of small intestines (both places when viamins & minerals are absorbed - that's why we have to supplement.)

For ME (a personal choice) I want my Vit A to  be high normal level.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

myspanisheyes
on 7/3/11 8:42 am - TX
Thanks for the info!♥

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 526 views