vets: a whole string of "small pouch" days??

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/3/11 10:36 am - OH
Like most vets, I have periodically has both "small pouch" days where I get full eating MUCH less than usual and "large pouch" days where it seems like I can eat a HUGE amount (even taking food density into consideration).

I have had three "small pouch" days in a row, though.  It's not a problem -- and might actually help me drop a couple of pounds (since I am currently flirting with my 5 pound weight boundary) -- but it was a little annoying yesterday at a cookout (I ate half of a small burger (no bun), two bites of a cheesy potato casserole, one baby carrot, and one potato chip and was VERY full; an hour later, I ate one large strawberry with some whipped cream from my brother's piece of strawberry pie for dessert and felt full again).  Normally, I could have eaten the whole burger, and a number of the carrots and/or other raw veggies (and probably a few more chips as well).

I've never had three days like this in a row since my first year post-op, so was wondering if any of the other vets have experienced several consecutive days of  small or large pouch days.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

vervetoloose
on 7/3/11 10:47 am
Not knowing if all of your attempts to eat when you have experienced the small pouch were similar to the one you described- that is at a place that may provoke some anxiety ? but all I can say is that whatever I attempt to eat while at work, which is a rather stressful enviornment  will always be much less than previously I could eat prior  in less streesful place and at a leisurely calm place.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

azreggie
on 7/3/11 11:41 am - Tucson, AZ
I've got nothing.  But I would look at it as a blessing since I'm trying to drop some lbs.

Reggie

avidreader
on 7/3/11 11:57 am - Cary, NC
I have but it was after my TT and I think the muscle tightening affected everything in the stomach region.  Still have days like that , but not necessairly 3 in a row.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
cajungirl
on 7/3/11 12:14 pm

Stress will do it to me all the time.

I've been living on small pouch days for several months now.  Very rarely will I have a day I eat enough food, I'm supplementing with protien shakes everyday because I can't eat enough protein.

You've been dealing with much stress too, right?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Amy R.
on 7/3/11 2:33 pm
It happens to me too. I've had several days in a row - I think the longest was a week straight.

I know it's supposed to be caused by stress, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. Always has been totally random.

Are you getting enough to eat that you don't feel weak? Because you could always add a shake or something if you need the fuel.=)
curvaceousdiva
on 7/3/11 4:11 pm - Hyattsville, MD
i have these often as most mention that i rarely eat enough..I usually just do oatmeal and other soft foods and make sure Im hydrated.
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics