Doctor wants me to take Primatene??

hotairpeg
on 7/7/11 3:49 am - Amity, OR
My doctor wants me to take primatene.  I started to take it and don't have any side affects, but was wondering if it was a good idea to take it.  He wants me to use it to raise my metabolism.  Have any of you used it and what do you think?

Angie B.
on 7/7/11 4:51 am - Seaside, OR
LOL       I just looked at your surgeon and I bet I know exactly who prescribed it.  My metabolism tanked out too (950 was what I tested at)  and he's had me on the Primatene for a few months now.  I have noticed some differences in energy levels, etc., in the past month or so but I have not seen my weight loss start back up like I'd hoped.  I've been on it about 3 months and he is planning on me being on it for 6 months and then my metabolism should be where we want it.   I have had some dizziness at times shortly after taking it, but haven't noticed any other side effects.  
                                                                                           Angie

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
hotairpeg
on 7/7/11 9:42 pm - Amity, OR

Angie, thanks for the response.  I guess I'm having the same results as you.  Not much weight loss now that I'm taking it.  That's why I was wondering if I even needed to use it.  Didn't seem like it was helping much.  I guess I'll talk with him at my appointment next month.  I just don't like putting crap in my body if I don't need to.

Angie B.
on 7/8/11 4:30 am - Seaside, OR
    I was out of work for several months so I went through a time of being pretty sedentary rather than all the activity my body was used to.  I'm not going to say it doesn't work as he says it will until I've given it a bit more time.  I'm back to work now and have been for a few weeks and am getting back to my old activity level.  I really do feel like I have more energy and have noticed some things improved but it's hard to say how much of that is change of lifestyle and how much can be attributed to the meds.  I'm supposed to go back to see him in mid-August, but I may have to reschedule since I'm not sure I can get a day off at the new job.  I'm going to get the rest of this weight off though, one way or another.  I didn't come this far to give up now.  :)

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 350 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 311 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 104 views
Recent Topics
What?s on tap for this Saturday?