Body Image

ChasingButterflies
on 7/11/11 12:34 am - FL
Well, when I was 315 pounds, I was in denial about how big I was.  I never felt that big, but when I saw pictures, I was shocked.  Fast Forward almost 5 months.  Now I'm 232, and I STILL feel smaller than I actually am.  It's crazy.  I saw a photo of myself in an outfit that I thought looked nice on me.  Uh...no!  I'm down from a size 26 to an 18 and I my brain still doesn't perceive my body the way it actually is. 

I know I'm still very new in all of this, but will my brain catch up to my body? 
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
Katari
on 7/11/11 1:06 am - OR
Most likely yes. It does take time and effort though! I still on occasion have problems with what my brain see's vs. what the photo's tell me. I'm so glad I took photo's every month so I could see the differences in the photo's even when my brain wasn't noticing the differences. I'm much better at it now, but I still have "who the heck is that" moments when I see myself in photo's. It takes a few seconds to realize it's me. LOL
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

DisneyLover
on 7/11/11 1:25 am - WI
my surgeons nurse (also a patient) said it could take over a year for the brain to catch up. i just looked at a picture taken of me on Saturday and i can say I think i finally see it.  not 100%, but i can see an improvement over my fat self.

Sarah

jmelyn1977
on 7/11/11 10:32 am
Just curious Disney Lover (Sarah) did Dr Selwyn do your surgery??

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 10 replies · 116 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?