two weeks out

shellybellymichele
on 7/12/11 3:39 am - Canton, OH
my left side is killing me today. had surgery two weeks ago was off my pain meds. my three year old ran into my side and now it hurts so bad. I think my muscles just got irratated by the jolt. waitng for the nurse to call me back to see if i need to go in and get looked at.
Proudtobaloser
on 7/12/11 3:47 am - Fayetteville, NC
Oh wow I am sorry. My biggest worry is my sweetheart of a kitty thinking that jumping on my tummy will heal me. She did that when I had my gallbladder taken out WOWZA that was pain and a half.
It may just be that with that side already in OMG mode that the jolt just irritated that area bit, but it is good that you are going to get it checked out. I pray it is nothing more than sore and irritated....

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Rachael Richardson
on 7/12/11 4:55 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Hi I am three weeks out and still have really bad left side muscle pain.  At first I thought it was a serious complication, however, talked to my surgeon and the physican assistant and was told it is not uncommon to have strained pulled muscles as a result of the surgery.  Apparently with abdominal surgery we may overcompensate and use other muscles since our abdomonal muscles are very weak and it hurts to use them right after surgery. 

I was informed use heating pad and rest the muscle.  A few months from now we will look back on this early post op period..and not even think about the pain.  Instead we will focus on all the weight we lost  and realize ok...it was worth it! LOL  Take care and rest up!
Newbie_in_TN
on 7/12/11 5:07 am - TN
i'm 5 days post op and everytime i sit down or go to bed i make sure to cover my tummy with a pillow. i have two small lap dogs and i want to take any chance of  them accidently touching my tender belly.
shellybellymichele
on 7/12/11 4:10 pm - Canton, OH
just got back from the er. they did a leak test just to be on the safe side. But everything looks good. just deep bruising. they said take it easy take my pain meds and try ice or heat to help with the spasms.
Most Active
Recent Topics