Did I really have surgery?

sunny_in_texas
on 7/15/11 10:28 am - San Antonio, TX
I had surgery about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm already on solid foods. I have eaten chicken, eggs, beef and seafood with no issues. I pre-portioned my meal before I eat, but I feel as though I'm eating much more food than my little stomach can hold. My stomach has never really felt
"full" and I have yet to has any discomfort or pain. It almost feels as though I didnt have surgery. Has anyone else felt like this?
Sunny B.

Decide what to be and go be it.....

tbartz
on 7/15/11 11:01 am
Yup... same here!  I hope it stays this way... I havn't even had dumping or anything...

lynnc99
on 7/15/11 11:11 am
Yep! I am 2 years out today and my recovery was far better than I would have expected.

And (knock on wood) no complications or issues have come up in 2 years!
TamaraL
on 7/15/11 11:18 am
Sunny,

How much are you eating?? 1/3 cup???  1/2 cup????

You will not feel full because the nerves in your stomach have been cut!!  Its important to only eat what the surgeon recommends!!!

Tamara

tyvette007
on 7/15/11 11:30 am
I felt the same way. You just need to stick to the portions recommended by the Dr. After everything heals you will feel a full sensation. I am 8 weeks out and I eat less now than I ate right after surgery.
Ale L.
on 7/15/11 11:32 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 after my surgery, i used to joke that they did brain surgery instead of stomach surgery because i didn't want to eat and the recovery was so much easier than anticipated.  i would just urge that you keep to your portions.  i was told that somewhere between 2-4oz would be ok, and i generally was at 2-3 oz and would stop.  

remember to count your protein intake and water intake and you should be good.

good luck!!!! i hope it continues for you this way 

Amy T.
on 7/15/11 12:08 pm - CA
Yes!  I have been telling my husband this lately.  I am 5 weeks out.  My NUT says as long as I am measuring out my 1/4 cup and getting my protein and water in, I am doing just fine.  

Good luck and keep up the great work!

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Mia H.
on 7/15/11 1:09 pm - OH
 Me too.  I am on solid foods too, soft foods began on day 5.  I see so many on purees and liquids at this stage and I always worry if I am doing something wrong.  I'm not, my doctor is pleased with my loss and what I am eating.  I don't feel full either unless I eat too much then I hurt.  Right now I just measure my foods (I also am pretty good at eyeing it too and just stop myself from eating more).  I was told 6 2oz meals a day.  Now, I do have foods I cannot eat such as salmon, tuna, and beef.  I can handle most anything else.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/15/11 2:04 pm - OH
I started on soft foods 3 days after surgery and had VERY little trouble with eating... I could eat almost everything the first time I tried it, had almost no pain from the pouch, did not vomit or get anythign "stuck", etc.  As long as you are eating only the amount called for in your surgeon's plan, you are just fine!

SOME people have trouble early out, but they are actually the minority... it's just that they post more because they are seeking help and support.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LizShort
on 7/15/11 10:20 pm - NC
 I have been feeling the same way.  I'm also in a stall.  I ate a whole slice of honeydew right after walking this morning (6:30am), I'm going to have a scrambled egg and 1/2 a piece of toast in a few minutes (about 9am).  I'm hungry most of the time.  I don't know if I really had surgery or not.  If it weren't for those 5 incisions...  

I'm feeling very worried right now.  Have I messed up?  Am I messing up?  ::sigh::  I'm going to have to really start measuring my foods and call the NUT.  I'm so confused.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 492 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 555 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 544 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 256 views
Recent Topics