Amusement parks?

Christine428
on 7/15/11 2:28 pm, edited 7/15/11 2:29 am
I'm about 3 mos. out and was planning on going to a local amusement park this weekend. I haven't been to an amusement park in FOREVER. The last time I got kicked off a roller coaster because the bar or whatever wouldn't close. Humiliating to say the least. Now I'm down almost 60lbs. (223#), and I'm wearing an 18 but I'm still scared I won't fit on the rides. Has anyone gone early out? Did it work out ok? I know if I go and if I don't fit I'm going to be and may never go back to an amusement park ever again.

WildHeart101
on 7/15/11 2:37 pm - Lexington, KY
You should be fine to go! 
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

Tiffany1020
on 7/15/11 3:05 pm
I was wearing a 18 or 20 before my surgery and I never had a problem fitting on ride.  It was snug at times but that was it. I think you will be fine. Go and have fun! =)

goodbyegordita
on 7/15/11 10:06 pm - Miami, FL
I went to Disney recently and was able to ride everything I tried. I am about a size 22..You will be fine !! Though 3 months out my Dr. says is way to early for roller coasters etc!!! I got yelled out and I was almost 6 months out when I rode....
Surgery date Sept 08, 2010.
Down 210 lbs since Surgery.
Follow my new blog on
http://goodbyegordita.wordpress.com/
add me on Facebook by searching
[email protected]

macjuicy
on 7/15/11 11:22 pm - FL
Yeah be very careful wait atleast 6 months to ride anything like that... I rode harry potter but that wasent considered a roller coaster and also im a potter freak lol

Have fun!!!

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Christine428
on 7/16/11 12:19 am
Why is it too soon? There's nothing in my paperwork/binder from the doc about roller coasters so I never even thought about it. I mean maybe if I was month or less out maybe but I feel fine.  I go to the gym 3-4 times a week so it's not like I don't move around alot, kwim? 

macjuicy
on 7/16/11 12:33 am - FL
On July 16, 2011 at 7:19 AM Pacific Time, Christine428 wrote:
Why is it too soon? There's nothing in my paperwork/binder from the doc about roller coasters so I never even thought about it. I mean maybe if I was month or less out maybe but I feel fine.  I go to the gym 3-4 times a week so it's not like I don't move around alot, kwim? 
Its your decision... those fast coasters have G forces, your stomach just had surgery less than 3 months ago... do what feels right.... have fun

www.gastricgeek.com

cheermonkeysmom
on 7/16/11 12:19 am - Smithsburg, MD
As far as size - you should be fine to ride the rides. But you are only 3 months out. I went to Disney about 6 weeks out and my surgeons office told me absoultely no riding roller coasters or any of the other extreme rides. I was not allowed for my first few months. I would just double check with your surgeon's office on any restrictions that they may have for you as far as amusement parks go. Better safe than sorry and have complications from a day of fun. Hope you have a great time.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

macjuicy
on 7/16/11 12:35 am - FL
People here make me laugh they ask the question but hate the answer lol Im def not a doctor so i think I will stick to food advice if asked lol leave these questions to your doctor I say

www.gastricgeek.com

Cherylkas
on 7/16/11 12:50 am - PA
 I took my kids to the local amusement park and was fine. Did a couple of the rollercoasters. My doc was fine with it so I went. Just call and check with your doc and see what they say. Everyones doc is different. And if you do go have a blast! 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 79 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 79 views