How much can you eat?

sunpat41
on 7/16/11 6:23 am
I am a little over 2 months out and I still can only eat about 2 oz (1/4 cup) at a time, I keep my carbs, fats, and sugar at about 5 gr or less per meal ( 3) a day, I get about 90-100 gm protein and 80-100 oz of water. How much can or did you eat at 2 months out and how many carbs, fats, and sugar do you get a day?

thanks
Patty
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

Sasrah1972
on 7/16/11 6:32 am - NY
Hi Patty,

I'm almost 9 weeks out and I can eat about 1/2 cup or a little more at a time, depending on what it is. I'm impressed that you can keep your carbs so low! I'm getting between 60-80g of protein and about 60-80oz of liquid a day.

These days I'm eating yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast, a protein shake for snack made with skim milk, and some of the following for lunch or dinner: tuna (fresh or canned), dark meat chicken, deli turkey, eggs, beans, quinoa, chopped salads (tomato, cucumber, pepper), cheeses (low fat sliced, cheese sticks, feta) and all kinds of dairy products. I've also experimented with fruits, like strawberries, watermelon, cherries, apricots, etc.

Feel good--
Sara
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

treehousestories
on 7/16/11 7:51 am
 I'm STRUGGLING to get that much water in each day. How do you do it?! 

treehousestories
on 7/16/11 7:52 am
  I'm STRUGGLING to get that much water in each day. How do you do it?! 

sunpat41
on 7/16/11 8:53 am
I can drink 20 0z in about 10-15 minutes
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

Sasrah1972
on 7/16/11 6:51 pm - NY
It isn't easy, I promise you, and I often have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

I have a glass of soemthing first thing in the AM (6-8 oz). I drink a protein shake (12-16oz, the way I make it). I have a bottle of water with me at all times and sip sip sip. I have a big glass of something in the afternoon (10-12 oz) and then a big drink in the evening (10-12 oz). If you just get used to drinking constantly, it comes easier.

Meanwhile, I've passed the stage where I can only take tiny sips (I can drink quite a bit in a gulp or two without it hurting) and I can also handle cold drinks very well (I prefer them). I can also drink out of a straw here and there if I want/need to without feeling gassy.

One idea that has helped me--with the protein shakes: I make mine the night before with about 1/2 the milk I'd usually use (or coffee) and freeze it in my shaker cup. The next AM I take it out, fill up the cup the rest of the way with skim milk, and take it with me. by the time I'm ready to enjoy it I have a frappucino tasting thing that is quite yummy and still frozenish.
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

Wes J.
on 7/16/11 8:00 am - MI
I am lucky if I get 30 oz of water a day. As far as protein, I am way short. I am still in the "soft food" stage and I struggle getting even half of what I am supposed to. I feel bad because I have a habit of eating too fast and man is that painful. I guess I'll learn through extreme pain.

sunpat41
on 7/16/11 8:57 am
I drink a shake 26g with 6-8oz of water in the morning and before bedtime and then eat 3 times a day, yogurt, cottage cheese deli meat, fish, chicken, beef, I can eat anything I have never been sick just a little nauseated at times, I can drink pretty fast I down my shakes in about 5 minutes sometimes it makess me nauseated but it goes away just stick with it and you will get your protein and fluid in
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

WildHeart101
on 7/16/11 4:40 pm - Lexington, KY
I used a baby spoon to eat with for the first two months....that helped me to eat slower and take in smaller bites...
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

labellavita1982
on 7/16/11 8:09 am - Neenah, WI
I'll be 2 months tomorrow. I can eat 2-3ozs at each meal
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 296 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views