10 Non-Scale Victories (NSV's)

BobbeJoJo
on 7/20/11 5:08 am
5.5 months out and it has NOT been easy.  I have had complications and pain, but I am a whole new person in a lot of ways and it has been worth the fight!

1.  My necklaces look so much nicer and the chains seem really long now

2.  On Southwest Airlines (where I swear the seats are smaller than other airlines) my seatbelt buckled with at least 6 inches to spare and my thigh didn't even touch the person next to me. 

3.  I am wearing cute clothes from Old Navy -- teenager clothes!  And I am 34! 

4.  My cycle is like clockwork now.  And my PCOS symptoms are so much better. 

5.  I can walk super fast now and stairs are not daunting anymore.  Actually I can even jog without looking silly. 

6.  I don't have to worry about fitting on roller coasters and I am not totally afraid to wear a swimsuit if we take our nephews to the water park. 

7.  I can sit in any theater seat, concert seat, lawn chair, restauant booth or any other seat without trouble or fear. 

8.  I can ignore food and I don't have a compulsion to "clean my plate" anymore.  I have a whole new relationship with food.  I control it, it doesn't control me anymore.  

9.  My blood pressure is normal and blood sugar no longer in the pre-diabetic range.  Also, I am due for bloodwork and I am pretty sure my other "numbers" are going to be better. 

10.  I actually looked at myself last night in the mirror and was able to say out loud, "You know what?  I look pretty good!"     

Highest weight: 331 (4/13/10), Entered Bariatric Program: 320 (9/7/10), Pre-Surgery Goal: 310, Day of Surgery: 307 (2/15/11), Current Weight: 171 (5/12/12). 5'5". I am overweight now!
JJ_
on 7/20/11 5:48 am
Congrats on your successes so far.  May more come your way.  You are blessed.

Judy
labellavita1982
on 7/20/11 5:49 am - Neenah, WI
One of my NSV is that I was able to get rid of my seat belt extender.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 342 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 193 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 219 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics