Two days before Surgery

Anewlife1979
on 7/19/11 6:29 am - Atlanta, GA

Ok Im on my two days of clear liquids and Im about to pull my hair out. OMG I am starving. I am becoming angry. I wish I could sleep these next two days away. I also have a confession, for the past week I have eatin everything under the sun. That was probably th worst thing I could have done because my stomach now is looking for the food.  Help how do I get thru these two days. And I thought I would just ******vous wreck the closer I got to the actual day and now all I can think about is FOOD

Cyndylw
on 7/19/11 6:38 am - Ottawa, Canada
 You're very lucky you only have 4 days of liquid diet, I'm on my second week of a three week liquid diet. I did the same thing as you, I somewhat binged for a week before my liquid diet. 

If you are aloud have beef or chicken broth it helps so does SF Jello (if you are aloud)

Hope it gets better, good luck 

Referal sent August 2009 - Referred to Ottawa - January 2010 - Surgery - July 29th 2011!!!!    
gabbyabby
on 7/19/11 6:40 am
 Do you work?  If not, sleep when ever possible.  If you do, can you have gum?  You are doing great so far. You are almost there!  

hellokitty21
on 7/19/11 6:41 am
Anew---The ironic thing is that day 4 is usually when the cravings die down a bit=( Can you have sugar free pops or sugar free jello...I found those were good and kind of filling. Hang in there...you are so close!!!!!
brwneyz
on 7/19/11 6:56 am

I had to do a week, and after day 3 I had to FORCE myself to drink my protein shakes.  I was allowed 3-4 protein shakes a day instead of meals, and then all of the clear liquids I wanted.  No joke...my PCP gave me a BIG BOTTLE of Xanax for that week because I teach junior high, and he didn't want me to throw a kid through the window!

I would come home and go to bed almost as soon as my husband got home.  I would help him get the kids settled, then take my Benadryl and Xanax so I wouldn't SMELL him cooking the kids dinner, and I was too tired to care. 

Good luck...you can do it, and it will be SO WORTH IT when you step on that scale right before surgery and see that you already have a good start!

Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

dasie
on 7/19/11 7:07 am
I drank all day long.  I bought chicken boullion cubes and drank hot chicken bullion throughout the day.  I think a couple times I put a drop or two of sesame seed oil in it.  I just loaded up on water, tea everything and anything that was on my list.  The chicken broth helped me the most.  However I too was on the 2 week liquid pre op diet, so by the tme the clear liquids came around, I was more accustomed to it.  Also, my surgeon performs an endoscopy prior to surgery...that was a great motivator to keep me honest.

jenysez1
on 7/19/11 7:10 am - LA
Damn you are lucky.  I have to do 2 weeks and from what I hear the first 2 days is the hardess.   I love how everyone has a different diet..lol  I notice when I drink lots of water I am less hungry.

Jenny

T. Deeds
on 7/19/11 7:32 am
In a couple days your hunger will disappear!  You can make it through these 2 days!

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 7:38 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Try some Chinese soups like Egg Flower;  it actually tastes like you're getting food, even if it's just the same chicken broth.

Good luck!
losing-jennifer
on 7/19/11 8:19 am
You are lucky...I had 2 weeks.  Advice....drink a lot and stay busy.  Visit friends/relatives, housework, hobbies....I had the cleanest house those two weeks.  Staying busy was the biggest help.  Keep the tv off because the food commercials will kill you.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 358 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 454 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 442 views
What's on your Monday Menu?