Someone please help me!!

dasie
on 7/21/11 10:23 pm

My advice....stay off the scale.  In all my past diets, the scale could derail me in an instant.  I lost 70 pounds in 97, 2002 and 40 in 2004 and 2007, and those are the recent ones not to mention the little 10 pound losses..  Each time I would become discouraged by the scale.  Going into this I promised myself, above all else, I would rarely weigh.  My goal was to weigh no more than every 3 weeks.  Sometimes it was more if I had a doctor's appointment in between, so I would weigh again to compare scales.  I did not even bring a scale into my home.  I used the YMCA scale.  It was easy to stay away from weighing.  That strategy worked so well.  Almost every  time I weighed there would be some kine of loss.  When there was not, I knew I was probably at the end of a plateau.  I think that single decision greatly helped me.  I did not stress over my progression.  I was a slow loser.  Also do not compare yourself to others.  We all have different lifestyles, genetics, genders....

lynnc99
on 7/21/11 11:07 pm
Ditto the above posts....

But just FYI....others are reading your post and thinking, "I am such a failure! Look at THIS person! She has lost 50 lbs in 12 weeks! What is wrong with ME!"

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views