Someone please help me!!

Tessmama_of4
on 7/21/11 11:54 am
So I am feeling down alot lately.. I am 12 weeks out and I am down 50lbs I am starting to feel a little depressed. I feel like I am never going to reach my goal. I do everything by exactly what the doctor tells me!! I have not been walking as much as I should be but I have been swimming alot!!! My weight loss is so slow!! I stepped on the scale 3 days ago and I was down 3 lbs I weighed in today just to show my husband and I am up 3lbs.  So that made me feel even worse when I try so hard to do everything I am suppose to do.. I see everyone hitting there goal and I am scared I will never get there!! Then I see posts that sometimes people wake up and they are just down more pounds!! Sorry I had to vent and need a little help thanks so much!!
c5felsspirit
on 7/21/11 11:58 am - lake cormorant, MS
Tess I too have some of the same issues. And what helps me is to know I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing, and not beat myself up about not having as fast of weight loss as someone else. All our bodies are different. 

SO keep working hard, eat right, drink water, take your vitamins, and get all your protein. As long as you are doing all that you will be alright!!! Oh and stop beating yourself up!
Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

Tessmama_of4
on 7/21/11 12:07 pm
Thanks so much!! I am doing all of the above vits,protein and water:)
_Donna_
on 7/21/11 12:09 pm
50 pounds in 12 weeks is pretty darn good! 

RNY 5-5-2011

eswike
on 7/21/11 12:12 pm - IN
You are doing great! 50 pounds is 12 weeks is fantastic.

Here's my 2 cents. You can't compare your weight loss to anyone else. i tried to do that in the beginning and I just made myself miserable. Just keep focusing on yourself and keep up with your protein, water, and vitamins and the weight will come off. Also, stop looking at the scale so much. Often even when we aren't losing pounds, we are still losing inches. Believe me, I know that's hard to do. I still have a hard time with the scale obsession, but now I'm more focused on how my clothes fit than how much I weigh.

Good Luck!

poet_kelly
on 7/21/11 12:50 pm - OH
You think losing 50 pounds in just 12 weeks is slow weight loss?  It's not, not at all.  It's very rapid weight loss.  Yes, you see people hitting goal... but who do you see that i****ting goal in just 12 weeks?  It took me a little over a year to hit goal.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 1:03 pm - Boston, MA
50 pounds in 12 weeks is NOT slow, you are doing great!!!  The scale fluctuates for me as well.. I'll lose weight everyday.. then all the sudden gain a pound or two and it takes a week to take it back off.. so weird and frustrating but I try not to stress about it easier said than done!  Some days I feel like it's coming off so fast and the other days when I haven't lost in a week I feel LIke I will never lose another pound again... it is certainly an emotional journey and we are all on it together!  Keep up the good work
Cali_Girl143
on 7/21/11 1:39 pm - rosharon, TX
I too have felt the same way you feel. I am 4 months post op and had my first of what I am told will be many pauses in weight loss. It lasted 3 weeks I really thought I had done something wrong and was so depressed. and then out of no where the weight loss started again. Hang in there 50 pounds in 12 weeks, you are doing awesome!
tcole20
on 7/21/11 1:49 pm
You are doing great!!   Try putting the scale away for a week or two. If you eat the right things in the right amounts, the weight has no choice but to come off. It can be so discouraging in the beginning to hit a stall, but it will pass.

Sometimes when I feel down, I look at my "before" pictures, and that always makes me feel better.
Starting Weight: 378
Weight on day of surgery: 365
Current Weight: 195
183 pounds lost!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 3:39 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
You didn't put on your weight overnight, you won't lose it overnight.  50# is great. 

Just keep doing what you know you should be doing, stay off the scale, keep doing your exercise and keeping with your eating regime, and you'll be fine.

Best wishes,
Most Active
Recent Topics