Protein Shakes

1SushiDiva
on 7/21/11 4:50 am - MD
Looking for a new protein shake.. I am almost 3 months post-op and I want to replace at least one meal with a protein shake.  I drank the COSTCO premier shakes but I dont really like the metallic taste afterwards..

What are you drinking and where did you get samples from?

GrandmaSusan
on 7/21/11 4:56 am - ME
I love the GNC Wheybolic 60 Chocolate.  Mixes really well with almond milk, water, etc.  No after taste ;-)
My Name is Susan & I'm a Happy Loser!!

poet_kelly
on 7/21/11 5:44 am - OH
You can get tons of samples from vitalady.com.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Price S.
on 7/21/11 6:35 am - Mills River, NC
I'n doing mostly Nectar right now.  latte, vanilla, chocolate, fuzzy navel.  Get samples from Vitalady.  Unjury also has a sample packet.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ktharp89
on 7/21/11 6:39 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I spent 4 months looking for a protein shake and I LOVE mine now. I use Vanilla Syntha 6 powder from vitamin shoppe. It doesn't have a bad protein aftertaste and it mixes really well. I love it.

Sushidiva, can you handle eating sushi? Do you eat it with or without rice? 
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Ale L.
on 7/21/11 10:17 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 i actually love sushi...its one of the easiest thing for me to eat..  i usually can only eat half a roll but i choose the ones that are full of protein.  i also eat the tuna tartar and thats with out rice.  i found it to be one of the easist proteins for me.  i was told by some the rice would be problematic, but i have not had any proble with rice (however i try not to take in that much carbs).  some places even have the brown rice option and i was able tolerate that too.

1SushiDiva
on 7/21/11 12:55 pm - MD
I eat with rice but I go to places where the sushi is good and I can tolerate it well.  Some rice is too hard like brown rice so whole foods is not a good option.  Believe it or not GW the hospital where we had the surgery was pretty good. It was inexpensive and the guy cut them in smaller pieces.  And in all actuality its not the rice its the seaweed paper that becomes hard to chew.  So I am still doing trial and error with it. 

Jazlenesmommy
on 7/21/11 8:28 am - CA

The whey protein shake mix in vanilla from walmart was recommended to me and I haven't had any complaints! I just started using it because I am only 1 1/2 weeks post op but I just made 1 and added banana & it's pretty good! & easy on the wallet!

lilmoonsomeday
on 7/21/11 10:15 am - Lincoln, RI
I second the Body Fortress that you can get at Walmart!  You can't even taste the protein when you add fruit!  Check out my blog, I made a DELICIOUS one this morning, PINA COLADA BABY!

Oh yeah!

Lil Moon

MY BLOG: http://lilmoonsomeday.blogspot.com/

I love food, but I love ME more!

High Weight:283/Current Weight:173/Goal Weight:160

marlened471
on 7/21/11 10:56 am - Americus, GA
I like the Jay Robb protein powders. I've tried Chocolate and Vanilla.  They taste really yummy in an iced Soy Latte from Starbucks.  If there's a Vitamin Shoppe where you live, you can buy them in packets for about $2.50 so you try them out before buying a big bottle of it.  That's what I did.  The packets are portable also, so it's nice to have a powder with you when you're out to add to coffee!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 330 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 346 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 281 views