what's your flavor? Nectar protein?

losing-jennifer
on 7/22/11 11:13 am
BTW, we have a local vitamin shoppe here and if you buy a large tub of anything and don't like it they will refund your money.  Also I'm always asking the employees what protein drinks come back all the time and I stay away from them.  So if you can't find samples check with your store's policy about returns.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

mdolan20
on 7/22/11 11:39 am - Brick, NJ
My favorite is the Carribbean Cooler or the Lemon Tea :)
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Gillian D.
on 7/22/11 11:47 am
I'm partial to the roadside lemonade, but I 'doctor' it up a bit by adding a stick of rasberry lemonade crystal light and a splash of real lemon juice.  Over crushed ice it's quite tasty.  I've also tried adding a splash or two of 100% cranberry juice.  That's good too.

hopiej
on 7/22/11 11:53 am - fort knox, KY
I am loving all these add to ideas!! I am going to try these out when I get my samples..I just think I will like the fruity flavors way better than chocolate and vanilla...I mean if we have to limit on things, lets add some flavor right!! 
savedbygrace10
on 7/22/11 1:03 pm - Byron, GA
How do y'all get past the smell of the nectars? I bought some samples but the smell is awful!!!! I cannot get past the smell to actually taste it.

SoulLips
on 7/22/11 2:31 pm - Cloverdale, CA
I found that the smell and "protein-y" taste were really bothersome for several months after surgery.  Within the past couple months I haven't been bothered by it anymore.  I usually have my Nectars from a blender bottle.  It doesn't really allow for a lot of wafting of the smell!

Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Mrsz
on 7/22/11 3:49 pm
About my 3rd week post-op, I started having some serious tolerance issues with protein. And, for some reason, the chocolate and vanilla flavors became intolerable. Nectar has been the only brand I can tolerate now. My favorites are Roadside Lemonade, Caribbean Cooler and Crystal Sky.
lilmoonsomeday
on 7/23/11 4:31 am - Lincoln, RI
I love the crystal sky (mixed with at least 16 oz water and a fruit punch crystal lite packet.

YUM!  I actually just had one... lol

Lil Moon

MY BLOG: http://lilmoonsomeday.blogspot.com/

I love food, but I love ME more!

High Weight:283/Current Weight:173/Goal Weight:160

YankeeRose
on 7/23/11 5:01 am - Meadville, PA
I haven't tried the nectars yet but I am having the same problem with the "smell" and taste of many of the protein shakes. I don't know what to do about it. I am only 4 weeks out so I am hoping this gets better. My Nut suggested i try using a sippy cup so that I cannot smell the protein. I haven't tried that yet but maybe it will help.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

tyvette007
on 7/23/11 9:41 am
I love Nectar. I like the Twisted Cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, and Strawberry.
                "THE BEST IS YET TO COME"

Most Active
Recent Topics