First meal.... Not too bad....

CoachArch
on 7/23/11 1:19 pm - NM
I had my first soft foods meal this evening that wasn't a soup or some soft casserole thing. I had two ounces of deli thin chicken breast and a slice of fat free cheese with about four of five slices of overcooked carrots. I had some issue getting it all down and some of the carrots still came back up, but all-in-all it was a pretty good meal. Hopefully things continue to go well lol
Lindsey82
on 7/23/11 1:22 pm
Great job on getting that much in! I can still only eat about 1/2 cup per meal, and I will be 1 year out on July 30th. Just remember to take your vitamins, drink, drink, drink, eat very slowly, chew well, and start walking or doing some other type of physical activity. The weight will start melting off in no time and you are on your way to becoming a new, healthy person. Congrats and best wishes to you.

Duck_Girl
on 7/23/11 1:34 pm
Congrats... Oh I cant wait to put ANYTHING in my mouth that isnt pure liquid. My doctor requires 30 days of pure liquid/protein drinks. I just want texture seriously!

CoachArch
on 7/23/11 1:45 pm - NM
Wow... 30 days . That's a lot. But to tell you the truth eating is kinda weird right now. I'm kind of scared to eat some things and I'm very cautious of how much I chew. Shakes are the easy part, I'm probably going to have one tonight just to get me over my 140 grams per day goal lol. I'm actually eating more frequently now than I did pre op lol. Good luck with your 30 day journey. It'll be done soon. Be strong and make the most of it.
Lammy
on 7/24/11 12:51 am - North Providence, RI
I am in the mashed potatoes and pursed meat stage and can eat a cup without issue... I usually leave a few bites of potatoe on the plate but always get all the protien down. I am lucky that at 3 weeks out I have the worlds happiest pouch

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 334 views