scales? what type, brand...etc?

hopiej
on 7/24/11 7:24 am - fort knox, KY
What brand of scales do you use and trust. I have a cheap set of bathroom scales now that I use but want to get a better pair before my surgery, but there are so many! Like body fat, hydration, BMI blah blah all kinds of info...just wondering what your experience is thanks in advance :) 

Hope

MastoDon
on 7/24/11 10:15 am - Los Gatos, CA
Save your money.
What benefit will having a scale that can report minuscule changes?  or guess at the same information that you can calculate with ease? 
You're going to lose weight.  You will have stalls.  You will lose more weight.  Your BMI will go down.
Keep your old scale.  Weigh yourself once a week, at the same time of day, the same condition of undress, and after toileting.  Your doc's scale will report a different weight.  Who cares?
There's an old saying:  "A man with a watch always knows what time it is.  A man with two watches is never sure."

Learning to swim was easy.  The hard part was getting out of that burlap sack.  Those rocks were heavy.
High: 310    Surgery day: 282     Goal: 190     Current: 178

adamsamah
on 7/25/11 7:16 am - Nixa, MO
All scales are of the DEVIL!!! My clothes tell me how I'm doing and they are the method I use to gauge my gain or loss. I found out early on that weighing was just demoralizing - every pound/ounce was a triumph or failure but if you do what you're told, protein, fluids, vitamins, you will lose. You just can't miss.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 294 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 163 views
Recent Topics