what did you buy before surgery, and wish you had after?

curious3069
on 7/24/11 10:52 am - Newton, IL
Pre surgery I stocked up on Calcium Citrate & Multi-vitamins when I could get them on sale.  I did get some protein samples but used none of them (was using Isopure drinks after surgery).     The surgeon's office did give me a baby spoon which I did use for the first 2 weeks until I realized it was ridiculous and I could eat just as slow with a regular spoon!

Skip the blender for the time being and maybe borrow one from a friend.   Until you figure out what kind of protein you like and how you like your shakes, you might find you don't need it.   A blender ball cup works great and you can take it anywhere! 

I use a ton of Glad 1/2 cup small round containers..use them for freezing leftovers for quick lunches to bringing protein powder to work.    AND I don't have to measure when using them for things like chili or spaghetti sauce because I know they are 1/2 cup.    

mrschamby
on 7/24/11 11:12 am - Tomball, TX
Things I use on a daily basis...

Tervis Tumbler tervis.com for my protein shakes
Ziploc 1/2c and 1c plastic containers, I eat most meals out of these so that I don't have to measure
2oz plastic jello shot cups, again makes measuring easier
Blender bottle
Digital food scale, makes measuring easier for somethings

Before surgery:

I did buy some baby spoons and used them for the first few weeks until I learned how big of a bite I should be taking.

Protein powder samples
Vitamin samples

SF popsicles
SF jello & pudding
Creamed soups
Low sodium broths

HW 330/ SW 310/ GW 170

www.facebook.com/mrschamby09

chrisgraves
on 7/24/11 11:14 am - MA
I purchased a PInt measureing glass from Bed Bath and Beyond that allowed me easily measure my water intack.

The dry formula carriers for bringing protien to work, like this:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RFHL50/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp _sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201 &pf_rd_i=B000067PIZ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1R6RC5ABMR 4VM2GTP8KY

I wish I'd had more than one set of measuring cups!!!!

Toddler bowls.  I still use them at 9 months out.

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
Mahana
on 7/24/11 11:51 am - AZ
I got a lap band..and gas from bell! If gas is an issue with your type of surgery post op..then I suggest gas-x strips. They are a life savor. And yay you!!!!
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
mizzindependent
on 7/25/11 12:33 am
These are all great ideas.  This has helped me.  My surgery is August 23rd.  I have gotten my Isopure drinks and I am gettting my vitamins from Vitalady b/c I want to follow her vite regimen, but I know I need to get other things for when I get home. 
hopiej
on 7/25/11 1:18 am - fort knox, KY
Thanks! This is all great info, and I agree with blender/shaker ball thing. I don't care for the foam from that my blender did make and I was like..uh no straw how do I get past the foam!! The smell was a bit much, and I didn't understand the sippy cup either! I was thinking for small sips, but I agree I just can't see an adult with a sippy cup...I have heard of the baby spoons, sounds odd to me too, but I guess it helps some slow down..I did buy some small condiment bowls just to help me see and understand portion control a little better to start with. I think salad and appetizer plates are a good idea, and I eat off of salad plates now, it "fools" the eye...blah whatever I know its a smaller plate, I just copied the habit from my mom..she always ate with a saucer or salad plate..anyways, thanks for all the input :)
Most Active
Recent Topics