Chest Pains

Anewlife1979
on 7/24/11 2:24 am - Atlanta, GA
I had my surgery on July 21,2011. I woke up from surgery and had the worst chest pains in life. I felt like someone was jumpong up and down on me. The doctors drew blood and did an EKG while I was in recovery. They hooked up a heart monitor to me. Friday when I was a little more coherient they were giving me pain meds and I was walking alot. The nurses kept saying dont worry it's just gas and it will pass. Well later on that day the cardiologist tech came in an gave me an echocardiograph (ultrasound of my heart). I had to wait for the results til saturday. Well everything was ok and looking good for the RNY but I found out that the Left Ventrical of my heart is enlarged and very weak. It is only functioning at about 35-40%.. The doctor put my on Lisenopril and Coreg and instructed me to check my blood pressure everyday along with my pulse. I am following up with him in a week, so that we can get a game plan together to try and repair my heart. I am asking for some prayer warriors to join me in praying for a healing
I got my scheduled surgery date. 7-21-2011                     
Kim H.
on 7/24/11 2:32 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Your weight loss plus the meds you're on should help your heart function. The damage you have may be a result of long-standing high blood pressure plus the added burden of pumping blood to an obese body. It's great that they know about it now so you can get the treatment you need. Hopefully, as your weight decreases and your exercise routine increases your heart will get some of its pumping function back. Often times, after stress (like surgery) your ejection fraction (pumping ability) will be decreased. It will likely get better...and I hope you feel better with each passing day! Take care!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
forgeorgiagirl31313
on 7/25/11 11:11 am - Hinesville, GA
May God bless u.. We will be praying for u..We know God is a healer and he is able to keep u, so I touch and agree with you concerning this issue...Continue to trust God, he made the heart so he knows how to fix it...God bless u.
YankeeRose
on 7/25/11 12:06 pm - Meadville, PA
My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. Think of it as a blessing in disguise that you found out about this condition now while you were in the hospital and able to have the necessary tests and medical care. God is good ans by His stripes we are healed. Praying for you.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 334 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 430 views