Surgery tommorrow!

ShelbieAT
on 7/24/11 1:47 pm
Okay, so in less than 24 hours, I will have my gastric bypass. I am starting to get a little nervous, but for the most part, I am doing really good. The fosfate soda I had to drink today for my cleanse was by far the worst part of this whole thing! But over all, I am doing well and in good spirits!

What all should I bring to the hospital with me? I am not sure on that. Thanks!

-Shelb
takenby05
on 7/24/11 1:58 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
RNY on 02/08/13
I wanted to say good luck to you. Tomorrow I will find out what my surgery date is. I wish I knew what would be good to bring with to hospital I do not know but interesting in hearing anyones opinions as well.

Therese
Tenaciousc1974
on 7/24/11 2:25 pm - CA
I brought my copayment, my cell phone and my iPad. All I used was my copayment. I was too out of it in the hospital to need anything other than the clear liquids they gave me. I was out of the hospital about 24 hours after surgery.

Good luck!
Chris

start/pre-op/current/goal weights:  286/240/138/130

Proudtobaloser
on 7/24/11 2:28 pm, edited 7/24/11 3:07 pm - Fayetteville, NC
will light be lighting the candle tomorrow (as I do everyday) know that good thoughts and warm wishes are there for you.

My surgeon gave me a list of what i COULD take, didnt say should.

I dunno if I will be taking anything other than my own pillow and my cellphone along with any paperwork they may need that day.

Oh and chapstick- several people have suggested this because of having dry lips.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

qnmimi
on 7/24/11 9:16 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Good luck, and fast healing for you today!!!

heatherambrosia
on 7/24/11 11:48 pm - GA
Congrats and good luck!!

I just had my surgery on Thursday and I'm on my 3rd day home, so this is a relatively recent memory for me. I took and used:
My reading glasses and a book
chapstick
slippers for roaming the halls (the socks they give get hot)
hairband
phone and charger
fresh panties for the trip home

That was about it. The nurse said I didn't ask for too much in pain meds, and once they switched me from Morphine to Toridol, I felt much more cognizant.You'll do great! Just keep your spirits high and a positive attitude!!

SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 212 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 223 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?