OT but absolutelyhave to share!!!

C J
on 7/27/11 12:31 pm - Franklin, MA
I'm fine but... yesterday I was rear-ended by a distracted driver - he kind of destroyed my "practical" car but I handled that situation ok!

Today I picked up my rental... a 2011 Dodge Charger - when I pulled into my parking spot at work I got a whistle and a "dayum girl you lookin fine" I'm sure it was the car since he never says anything when I get out of my Ford Taurus sedan LOL!

Tonight when I got home my fiance said "I don't think I like you driving that car"  "why" I asked, he replied "I just don't"

6months ago this would NOT have happened!!!   
Ohh if my "practical" car is totaled I'm sooo going the non-practical head turning route!!!

I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

hellokittycrazee
on 7/27/11 12:39 pm - NJ

The week before surgery I went out and bought the 6.1 HEMI Dodge Challenger.  It's purple, and sexy as HELL.  The lower my weight goes the more attention I get when I'm driving it. 

I love the Charger too....I highly recommend the non-practical route!!!  When I bought mine the salesman asked if I wanted to look at some 'more practical' vehicles. 

I politely reminded him that if I'm at the dealership looking at an almost fifty thousand dollar purple sports car, I probably am not interested in PRACTICAL lol.

Meg

C J
on 7/27/11 7:41 pm - Franklin, MA
Haha Nice - Purple... REALLY!?!??!   You've GOT to be turning heads for sure!!!
Such an awesome feeling - worth every penny!

I do feel like I've been living a "practical" life in all aspects... sort of trying to fly under the rader - don't want to attract attention to myself!   Those feelings have certainly changed!

I've you've got it flaunt it!!
shellbell75
on 7/27/11 1:27 pm
That is great! 2 days ago I met my friend at a grocery store parking lot to pick up some papers. I am standing outside my big ole mini van and a guy checked me out. We started dying laughing b/c it has been SO long since that has happened. Since day one I have reassure my dh that he is the only one I want and as a bonus he gets a trophy wife to take to all his executive events. Bwahahah. I think sometimes our men do need a little reassurance especially since our bodies are changing so drastically. I told dh when I reach 100lbs lost since my surgery day he is buying me a Ford Flex and I am trading in my minivan. LOL
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

C J
on 7/27/11 7:48 pm - Franklin, MA

Like I said to Meg, it's worth every penny!!  Tell him to start saving cuz you're gonna be -100 sooner than ya think!!!

I feel like I have to reassure my guy too - when we first started talking about surgery I remember him saying something like "oh sure you're gonna get alll hot & skinny and leave me hanging" makes me wonder....   I've lost 75lbs so far which is 5lbs less than when I met him so I was 215ish when I met him (not huge but thick!)

I've lost a bunch of weight and gained a crap-load of confidence!  I have a tendency to flirt a little more when we're out with friends but hey as long as I go home with him at the end of the night is what matters.

hellokittycrazee
on 7/27/11 8:24 pm - NJ

The way I see it....I missed out on a lot of the fun stuff when I was younger by being so overweight.  Sometimes I didn't feel comfortable participating, and other times I was downright excluded.  This part of my life is about ME and the things I want to experience now that I'm not carrying around so much extra weight.  The car is just one of the totally not practical things I'm doing.....lol.  You only live once!!!

Meg

C J
on 8/1/11 7:15 am - Franklin, MA
MEG - could see you in something like this LOL!
THis lady is totally obessessed!!    Makes me smile whenever I drive by!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 7:20 am
omg that's the cuttest car I've ever seen.  LOL
You wouldn't catch me driving that though!  :)

I just purchased a little cherry red convertable Miata today.  I wonder if I will get attention too!  =)

mdolan20
on 7/28/11 9:15 am - Brick, NJ
I LOVE the chargers...see a bunch around here in purple, orange, and yellow. I have a yellow mustang convertible right now and will def not be practical at my next go round either! It is my joy!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Cusscusscutie
on 7/29/11 12:15 pm - MA
I am glad you are okay and you should get yourself a fun car! Practical be damned! I want a Nissan Juke and can't wait to be sporting that around town!

Most Active
Recent Topics