I'm new...23/f on the road to RNY WLS.

hjb
on 7/28/11 11:09 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm 23 years old and on my way to having RNY WLS this Fall, 2011. I've been browsing this website for awhile now and have seen the love and support you all share for one another, and I thought it's about time I join in.

I just wrote a blog introducing myself and describing my feelings and worries as I begin my journey to a better life(I hope!)...Please check it out if you have the time. I'd love to start connecting with all of you :)

Thanks
boomsheeka01
on 7/28/11 11:30 pm - Killeen, TX
Congrats to you and welcome!!!  I also had my surgery when I was 23 and it was one of the best decision of my life!! My husband and I struggled for years to have children and I knew the only way was to lose over 100lbs. I also knew I couldnt do it alone so I did my research and decided that this was the best way! I still love it a year and a half later and the best news is I am over 5 months pregnant with our first son!!  I feel him rolling around inside of me and I know my surgery helped make that possible! I love my RNY!!!   Congrats again!!  :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

hjb
on 7/29/11 12:11 am
That is so amazing to hear. Congrats on your little one :) Hearing stories such as yours gives me hope. I've heard so many people say it was the best decision of their lives, and I'm almost positive it's going to be mine too :)
Gina1013
on 7/28/11 11:53 pm - Canton, OH
 You are definitely in the right place, not only for support, but for education!  Welcome!
hjb
on 7/29/11 12:13 am
Thanks Gina :) Education is a must too! I find that so many people in this world are ignorant about weight loss surgery and just think it's a quick fix....needless to say they have no idea how much we all have to go through in order to have it done. It's an entire life change. I plan to use the forums best I can to continue educating myself about what to expect!
Jamie M.
on 7/29/11 12:48 am
This is such a great forum! Hope you find everything you need and more here! I know I have. Great support here. I'm a newbie as well, my surgery's next month and I'm around the same age, 22. Good luck with everything.
ktharp89
on 7/29/11 12:51 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I had surgery a month before my 22 birthday. Best decision I've made and I don't know where I would be without this community! Welcome and congratulations on making the decision!!
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

hjb
on 7/29/11 4:53 am
thanks everyone for the warm welcome and support :)
curvaceousdiva
on 7/29/11 4:55 am - Hyattsville, MD
Im old and had mine in my later 30s but my 18 yo had hers a couple months ago
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views