Pre-op Diet

KaylaLeeRN
on 7/29/11 2:31 pm - TX

Time is flying by sooooo fast! Seriously, once you get approved for surgery everything moves quickly. I'm also in school for my BSN and working full time on the weekends. I only have 8 more days of work before I am off for the surgery. Anyways, I am starting my pre-op diet on August 2, consisting of 2 protein shakes and one small meal of protein and veggies. Any advice or tips on starting this diet? I'm also a regular gym-goer and work out 3-4 times a week, usually in the form of Spinning, Zumba, or High Intensity Intervals on the Elliptical. I also do weight training twice a week. Any tips for keeping my energy up? I already get lightheaded at times and I'm a little scared of passing out once I start this diet. I've already prepped myself by eating less and getting my protein in first, followed by veggies and then fruit, then whole grains. I need advice from a pro. :)

Oh, and adds are always welcome! I need new friends and a support system of people who are going through this!! 

Starting weight: 297
Current: 247
Surgery: 8/16/11
5'7"
poet_kelly
on 7/29/11 11:33 pm - OH
Make sure you get tons of liquid in between your shakes and one meal.  That will help you with energy and might help prevent the lightheaded feeling.

I would start on vitamins when you start the liquid diet, too, if you aren't already taking them.

The other thing I think I might do is spread my intake out more.  Like, if I was supposed to have two protein shakes, I might drink half of one when I first got up, the other half a little later.  Then half for lunch and the other half later in the afternoon.  That might help prevent you from getting lightheaded.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics