Clothing ---- rammble

mommyofmitch
on 7/31/11 1:27 am - Sanford, NC
So I have spent all weekend looking for size 8 shorts and capris.  Yesterday went to probably 15 yard sales and 10 consignment / thrift shops. I even sent a message to my friends on facebook  letting them know that I was looking for size 8 clothes and if anyone knew anyone who was cleaning out I would be glad to buy them. I have bid on several lots on ebay and lose out at the last minute. I have been checking out craigslist 3-4 times a day. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

It's frustrating because when I was bigger I could never find anything in my size . Now I still can't.  I am finding 6's and 10's but no 8's. There are jeans and such available but the weather here won't start cooling until October. Most of the chain stores have already brought in their fall clothing.

So, If you see me out and about and I have the "sag" going on I appologize in advance.  I am working on it.
poet_kelly
on 7/31/11 1:48 am - OH
I'm really surprised you couldn't find any at thrift stores.  I find it much easier to find my size in thrift stores now than when I was really heavy.  Unfortunately, I'm a size 8 too or I'd send you some of my stuff.

You can alway**** the thrift stores again in a week or so, because they constantly get new stuff in.  In the meantime, how about going to Walmart or someplace like that.  It won't be as cheap as a thrift store but you should be able to get one or two pair of shorts for not very much money.  If you get something like denim shorts you can wear them several days in a row and no one really notices you're wearing the same pair of shorts.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kimndan18
on 7/31/11 2:41 am - IA
I can so relate to this, I am still in a size 18/20 and although easier to find now, it's tough, everything is a 16 (too tight) or a 22 and way too big. I finally hit some clearance racks at Kmart and got some nice denim capris for $6.00 a pair, they won't fit long but maybe I can get through the summer until I need jeans again, it'll cool off here in about 8 weeks.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 7/31/11 3:50 am
Stores have their summer stuff on sale or on clearance.  Try Macy's, Kohl's, Walmart, K-mart.

Winnie

rlw99
on 7/31/11 5:34 am - Oakland, CA
I never find anything decent at thrift stores and I don't do WalMArt or K-Mart. Macy's and JC Penney's usually have good stuff on the sale racks. Sometimes Target has good stuff, but it'**** or miss with them.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 5:39 am
Just recently went to the mall and found allot of great stuff on the clearance racks.
ircute
on 7/31/11 11:16 am - Graham, WA
 Try Old Navy..   Cheap & easy.  =)
 On the road to find out.............   

MLS

Most Active
Recent Topics