Am I the only one eating too much???

Waysta
on 7/31/11 12:32 am - TX
I am 8 months out and I can eat an entire sandwich, a hot dog, or a junior hamburger with no problems,,,,,,is this something I should be concerned about???  Don't ever get a signal telling me that I am full on this amount of food. 
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
Lori P.
on 7/31/11 12:36 am - Kenosha, WI
Just because you can eat that amount....does not mean you should.....it also done not mean anything is worng.    Our full signals are not working well....that is why the docs give you guideleins to follow.   If you don't follow the guidelines, it will be difficult to lose all you want and impossible  to maintain.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

newtintn
on 7/31/11 1:25 am - TN
 Im able to eat more at just 3.5 mo post op...and it scares me. I can also tolerate just about anything....the whole reason i wanted this surgery was because of the restriction it would give me...so far tho that restriction is getting less and less....so now its up to me. I still have to watch what im eating and not eat any more than a fist size portion at a time. It sucks, and its sacrey to think that i now have to regulate myeslf after 3 mo of surgery doing it for me...but im finding it easier to do for some reason. You can do it too. rule of thumb is simple...watch carbs, fat and sugar and a portion no larger than your fist. Its working for me...hope it does for you too :)

SugarGrl
on 7/31/11 2:41 am
I make a conscious effort not to eat bread or bread products, potatoes, hambergers or hotdogs (all those things I loved pre-op).  I just tell myself if I eat them I'll dump.  I guess everyone is different when it comes to the full feeling.  I hiccup loudly 3 times and I know I'm done eating.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

MarilynDee
on 7/31/11 2:54 am
The WLS is a TOOL!!!! We still need to make heathy food choices for a life time success. Stay away from empty calories, and my general rule is internal meats, fatty meats, and white stuff as in flour, potatoes and rice is a no no. Plus, this foods are my weakness and might trigger other bad habits

I take 1 day at a time, pray that I make good healthy food choices and I also remember this is a lifetime battle. Maintance does scare me, but I am down 100 with about 30 to 40 left to go.
sunpat41
on 7/31/11 2:56 am
I watch and measure what I  eat, and I can only eat 2 oz at a time, my sister in law had wls 2 years ago and she just had an endoscopy and they told her her pouch is 4 times bigger then other wls people
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

pattijaki
on 7/31/11 4:02 am - kissiimmee , FL
HELLO, I AM VERY CONFUSED
  WHAT  TO DO. Gastric banding,
  THE SLEEVE OR RNY,, ALL I find it  IS interesting
BUT. CONFUSE ME ,.. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE
MY CURRENT WEIGHT 245,. I'VE NEVER BEEN IN OVERWEIGHT BEFORE MY PREGNACY
GAIN 80 POUINDS WITH MY PREGNANCY,( 3 years ago )
I'M TRYING MANY DIETS,,AND HARD 4 ME CONTROL MY SELF EATING CARBS

PLSSSSS I NEED HELP :) THANKS
Patty :)  
Ladytazz
on 7/31/11 6:29 am
 Sandwiches, hot dogs and hamburgers?  Weren't you given any post op guidelines.  I was and I am sure those weren't in there.
The surgery is a tool to eat better.  It doesn't do it by it's self, any more then a hammer can build a house by it's self.  You need to use it as intended, to help you eat better.  I don't know about you but refined carbs like bread and sugar is the reason I got to needing WLS in the first place.  Those had to go and they did.  I decided when I had this surgery (my second and the reason I needed a second was because I never changed the way I ate after surgery) that I was going to eat opposite to what I had been doing.  I eat lot's of meat, fruits, vegetables and dairy.  I barely even go into the middle part of the grocery store except for my kid, I walk all around the outside isles.
I don't weigh and measure too much anymore but that is because after about a year of doing so I have gotten pretty good at eyeballing portions.  I always take less then I think I want because I always want more.  I plan my meals to the best of my ability and when unplanned things come up I wing it the best I can following my guidelines.
I don't trust the surgery to tell me I am full.  I use the surgery to help me feel satisfied with normal amounts of food.  Go for satisfied, not full.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jennifer M.
on 7/31/11 12:11 pm - NC
I don't get a 'full' feeling either very often at all, so I really try to rely on eating what I think I should be eating and then stopping. For me at 9 months out, that is about 1/2 cup of good, solid food. If I'm eating something soft like chili or such, I CAN eat more, but I still try to limit myself. Sometimes it's really hard because food just tastes so stinkin' good! I just know that I never want to feel the way that I did 200 pounds ago.
If you are going to eat a hamburger, hotdog, or sandwich just make sure it's in moderation and the healthiest choice it can be. I occasionally eat a hotdog myself (no bun, add chili), but it will be the highest protein, lowest fat hotdog that I can find! I don't see any problem with a hamburger or sandwich either as long as it's heavy on the protein, low on fat, and maybe just part of the bread/bun.
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 223 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 233 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 24 views
Recent Topics