Anyone tried the new Strawberry ENS shake flavor?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/31/11 9:44 am - OH
I was wondering if anyone has tried this and, if so, what they think of it.  Mostly what I need to know is whether it has an artificial strawberry flavor or somethign that at least apporoaches a natural strawberry flavor.  The only strawberry flavor I ever really liked was discontinued a while ago, and it would be nice to have once every now and then, especially since this has the vitamins and calcium added. (I tried three different strawberry samples from Vitalady, and didn;t like any of them.)

I have tried both of the original flavors of the ENS shakes, but only liked the chocolate (and it was just "ok") so I didn't buy any more once the two sample packs were gone.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

facethemusic
on 7/31/11 10:06 am
I haven't tried that flavor of ENS.  The Chocolate was okay and the cake batter did well in pudding.  I hate that fake manufactured fruit taste a lot of shakes have.  I got a sample from ISS of their Complete Whey Power in Strawberry and had it this morning.  It was great!!  It doesn't have that weird fake taste to it at all.  They are the same company that makes the Oh Yeah! Wafers.  http://www.issresearch.com/prod_wheypower.php

I don't remember how I got the sample of the Strawberry.  It would be worth emailing them to see if you can try it though.  It's delicious.  I'll be using it in the morning to make a strawberry banana smoothie.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

poet_kelly
on 7/31/11 10:07 am - OH
I haven't tried it.  I just got an email today telling me they have strawberry now.  They will usually send you free samples of stuff if you email or call and ask.

I liked the vanilla cake batter OK but didn't love it.  I thought the chocolate was good, but I don't like chocolate protein shakes very often.  I like chocolate candy and chocolate cake, but I'm not a big fan of chocolate milk.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

flyonthewall
on 8/3/11 11:59 am
I have tried the carb control ENS low carb ready made strawberry. I loved it. I have not tried the powder. On the powders, I have noticed the more protein, the worse it tastes. i usually only mix it with 4 oz water and take it like 2 shots. :) Where did you buy a ENS mix? Thank you
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/3/11 1:15 pm - OH

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 561 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 547 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 15 views
Recent Topics