Pain Pain.. please go away

gizmo113
on 8/1/11 11:43 am - Camby, IN
 I was back in the ER last night... I had the most extreme pain I've ever experienced. It was in my upper and lower abdomen- started vomiting almost immediately. They gave me Dilaudid- didn't touch the pain. Then gave me morphine which helped some. They did a CAT scan with contrast and found that my gall bladder looks a little inflamed... but they really were too busy with their own personal lives and playing on their phones (not a good experience) to explore my pain any more. They gave me some drugs (vicodin) and sent me home. I called my surgeon today and they can't get me in for the unseeable future- hoping to squeeze me in tomorrow. Today I still have the pain, the vicodin isn't helping, and I'm tired of being sick. Things were going so well!!

Anyone have this pain before? I'm 4 months out of surgery... only other problems was 3 ulcers about a month into post-op. Any help or knowledge would be appreciated!

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

nay07
on 8/1/11 12:43 pm - Hazleton, PA
sounes like my hospital ,  hope they find out what it is, praying for your relief
mandajolyn
on 8/1/11 4:42 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I had the same issue 3 months post op. Ended up in the ER with horrible pain, they thought my gallbladder wasn't working right so my primary sent me for an ultrasound and sure enough, the gallbladder was bad. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the hospital staff. I would call the patient advocate for the hospital and let them know you had a bad experience. Pain like that should never be ignored! Hope you start feeling better. It's probably your gallbladder which is common after WLS!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Smileygrl810
on 8/2/11 11:23 am
Jessica I've been worried about you! I can't believe they didn't do anything. Hopefully you see your surgeon tomorrow and they can get you some answers! I had my gallbladder removed in 2009. A gallbladder attack is excruciating! I also vomited a lot with them. Did the pain start after you ate something? Please keep me posted! Prayers!!!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/2/11 11:42 am - OH
Perhaps you and I should join together and sing a little "pain, pain, go away" song...   At least you have the inflamed gallbladder that sounds like it might be the source of the pain (as opposed to them finding nothing).  I hope you can get in and get someone to take some action soon.  Being in pain and having no one seem to care is horrible.  After an entire year of intermittent pain that no one wants to do anything about, I know.  Hang in there and let us know what's going on.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 511 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics