The pain? Stupid Gall Bladder.

gizmo113
on 8/5/11 1:13 am - Camby, IN
 Update: So I went back to the ER on Tuesday and they took labs and saw that my liver enzymes were crazy high... so they rushed me to the hospital that I had my RNY at and admitted me. Wednesday was surgery day and my surgeon said my gall bladder was filled with infection and grossness. So they removed that and I stayed at the hospital with anti-biotics until Thursday afternoon. Home now and in so much pain still... any hope for when I will start feeling better??

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Kim H.
on 8/5/11 1:41 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I'm sorry you feel so yucky! I would give it a week since with the added infection you may take longer to start getting your energy back. Take your pain meds and rest when needed. I do hope you feel better soon!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
sonnieN
on 8/5/11 1:54 am - grand rapids, MI
I had my gallbladder out a week after a bout of pancreatitis. The recovery was about 2 weeks for me, much worse than the RNY. Wasn't really feeling 100% for about 4 weeks. I think the infection and other issues make the recovery tougher. Just take it easy and take as much time off from work as you can. It will get better.
Ambria
on 8/6/11 10:03 am
I had mine out in April.  it took about a week or so for the full pain to stop, then lessened after that but to this day, if I walk a lot, I still feel like I am having the pain I had before my removal. At least I am not in pain as I sit here and type this. 

I just had pain before removal when I WALKED.

Mine was enlarged, but not infected.  I did read, don't know how true, that it can take up to a year to completely heal - huh?  Mine is healed but just some pains here and there ONLY when I walk. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 506 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 393 views
Recent Topics