Just got a call from my doc...labs

azambesi
on 8/5/11 1:17 am - Milton, FL
You know it's not good when the office calls you on Friday - when they're not open...

I had my lab work for my 3 month follow up drawn yesterday and they received the results today.  I don't have the full results, I plan on asking for a copy when I go in for my appointment next week, but I was told today that my potassium is down (2.9) and my protein is low (I didn't get the number on that one).  And I have a low B1 level.

They called me in an Rx for potassium and said to pick up OTC B1 complex which I'm supposed to take 2x a day until I go into the office next week.  Then they said that I will be given a B1 shot in addition to my B12 shot when I go in next week.

Is there anything special I need to look for when I pick up the B1? And how do I raise the protein? I am currently doing 1 shake a day and eating 2oz of lean protein 4x daily. It totals about 80g of protein daily.

Thank you!

poet_kelly
on 8/5/11 1:51 am - OH
To raise your protein level, you gotta eat more protein.  I know it seems like you're already getting a lot, but apparently it's not enough for your body.  You could add another protein shake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 8/5/11 2:34 am

As a new post-op I to had B-1 levels drop and potassium.  I'm not sure if you are getting liquid potassium or pill form but warning it taste NASTY but I only had to take it for 4 days. 

B-1 (thiamin) comes in a form by itself or a Super B Complex might include enough B-1 (I take 2 per day); depends on your lab numbers.

Can you add another 25-30 grams of protein in shakes to your day?  Protein intake is the only way to raise your protein levels.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/5/11 2:56 am
I had to increase my proteins to 120-160 a day for my labs to show mid normal.
I use app 60+ gr  in shakes - whey isolate, and then food.  In evening - if I had not enough proteins - I get an additional shake.  (whey isolate is makes thinner shake - and I mix mine with water - to limit additional volume - calories)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 526 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 509 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 397 views
Recent Topics