sob, rant, sad, UGH!

hopiej
on 8/5/11 2:41 am - fort knox, KY
SO, why has all of a sudden my bff started saying snarky off the wall comments to me? She will say "woohoo 3 weeks and you get to start the new you, I on the other hand have to work it out in the gym and watch what I eat." I mean wth is that! Also, I made the decision that my job *laughable term* wasn't worth the hassle, less than 8 hrs a week all summer and less than $8/hr, well its all I can hear from her! My husband is in support of this, he wanted me to quit a long time ago, anyways, this is the comment from her about this..."well at least you have a husband who will support you fanatically, and love you no matter what size or shape you are" OK really...what in the hell does that have to do with the price of eggs in china? I really don't have close friends other than my husband, huh maybe this is why.....anyways...enough about my sucky day!
poet_kelly
on 8/5/11 2:50 am - OH
Sounds like she's jealous.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DisneyLover
on 8/5/11 2:54 am - WI
I agree with Kelly.
And really you have to watch what you eat and exercise too, you just have a little help with the surgery.  It isn't a cake walk.
I told a *friend* a week before my surgery that I was having it done and she told me that she didn't believe in the surgery because she thinks if you want something bad it will happen.  Like lose weight. Our kids were in the same class and she just gives me the nice nod when she sees me, nothing more.  I think she is mad because in the end I will be skinnier than her. 

Sarah

T. Deeds
on 8/5/11 2:57 am
Umm.... I had my bypass at the end of May and I exercise 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day and count every calorie I put in my mouth (Since I don't dump, I could eat junk food all day long without getting sick, so I really have to watch what I eat!).  Your friend is probably jealous and is seriously misinformed about the gastric bypass surgery. 

Tonya0531
on 8/5/11 2:58 am - Lake, MS
Jealous, jealous, jealous.  Don't let her bring you down.  Sometimes you have to take a step back and re-evaluate your "friends".
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
mdolan20
on 8/5/11 3:04 am - Brick, NJ
 She is jealous -and I can see why! Enjoy all these good things you have going on :)
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

kellyl1202
on 8/5/11 3:31 am
Definitely jealous...real friends may have a twinge of envy once in a while but ultimately she should be supportive of your life. Sounds like she's not the Bff you thought she was.
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

fatoldbat
on 8/5/11 3:49 am
jealousy is a terrible thing!  remarks about your surgery/job/hubby........not good!!!  i would re-evaluate her "bff" status!!!

just sayin!

best wishes on your journey to a healthy you!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Proudtobaloser
on 8/5/11 4:24 am - Fayetteville, NC
Smell that smell? that is the scent of someone spouting total BULL**** and jealousy out their face. Tell her to shut her piehole or she can just quit being around you. At this point you do not need the crap. Youa re already going through enough and one less irritant around will make things easier.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Not the Same Dawn
on 8/5/11 5:25 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Here's my take..a BFF is sort of like a husband but alot less trouble..and my dear hubby was trouble! His thinking was that I was gonna get all skinny and replace him cuz, he figured I could do better anyway, he was extremely insecure..so he was saying snarky things, treating me bad so that I would leave him...so that he didn't have to do the dirty work..

so...long story short, she might be trying to irritate you so that YOU drop her so that she doesn't have to hold the guilt of dumping YOU cuz you got thin..

I know it's a stretch but I've been dealing with psycho people and this is exactly how they think..

Either that or she's just a jealous *****either way you need to sit down with her and reassure her and/or find out what the heck is going on inside her brain..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?