Toppik, Ever Tried It?

wynter57
on 8/6/11 1:44 pm - Panama City, FL
I saw this stuff just now and wondered if it really works. I'm having my surgery in two weeks and one of my worries has been the thinning hair issue. I wonder if this stuff REALLY works?

www.toppik.com

If you've used it, give us a review.

Thanks!
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Lisa R.
on 8/6/11 2:45 pm - CA
 What is it?  I have tried everything they have ever mentioned on here for hair loss and it happened anyway.  I think it is unavoidable.  But I still take the Biotin, use the horse shampoo and get in all my protein.  It comes out everyday but not in massive chunks so I guess maybe it helps a little.  We'll see in a few more months.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
wynter57
on 8/7/11 8:19 am - Panama City, FL
Lisa, it does not prevent hair loss but is supposed to hide the hair loss while one waits for their hair to grow back.

I just pray I don't lose too much. I don't want to wear a wig, it is WAY too hot and humid here in Florida for wigs, lol. Plus I've never seen a wig that did not look fake.
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Gina1013
on 8/6/11 4:23 pm - Canton, OH
 From what I can see from the link that you posted. Toppik is a topical powder substance with fibers that adhere to your hair giving the ILLUSION of thicker hair..Here is a review I found:
http://www.hairlossproductreviews.net/toppik-review/

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

VintageChick
on 8/7/11 7:49 am
I've tried this stuff.  There are a couple of different brands out there. 

Depending on how you fix your hair, it can satisfactorily disguise thinning, or it can look really, really fake!  It's just a fiber-powder in a shaker can that you shake loosely onto your scalp.  You then spray on a fixative.  It comes in several colors.  For no more than it costs, if you're willing to mess with it a bit, and have enough hair to work with a hairstyle that helps it help you, it's worth a try.  Just my .02 

I have thin hair to begin with, and have great concern over more hairloss, too.  I plan to give it another go if I need to. 
VintageChick
on 8/7/11 11:51 am, edited 8/7/11 11:52 am
Here's the one I've tried.  A local salon where I buy my make-up sells it so she taught me how to use it to make it look most natural.  Too thick and it looks weird.  The woman in their ad with the most massive hair loss... I can't imagine this product would look natural with hair that thin, but for moderate loss, it's doable.
http://www.xfusionhair.info/
Most Active
Recent Topics