hips ache

shellb58
on 8/7/11 10:54 am - WA
I am 12 weeks out and really have been having pain in my bones. back and hips mostly. Has anyone else experienced this?
shelley veturis            
Price S.
on 8/7/11 11:21 am - Mills River, NC
I've seen a chiropractor since surgery.  He thinks it is due to our balance and weight shifting.  It does get better.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

angelindesgise
on 8/7/11 11:42 am, edited 8/7/11 12:29 pm
I've see a chiropractor and now I'm seeing an ortho doctor. He thinks it's in the muscle. I've had an ex-ray done by my chiropractor and it looked like my hip bone or sacrum was turned. He helped get it back in place we hope. Then I went to my primary doctor and she had me go see the ortho doctor. He got an ex-ray and didn't see anything wrong.He said it was just my muscles so I'm doing PT this Wednesday.. They are to teach me stretches and excercised that will help. Hopefully! 

But yes my left hip hurts so much in the bone it seems like. When I get up from sitting for a long time. WOW it feels like a struck nerve like a toothache when you hit that bad nerve.

SweetLilyAnn
on 8/7/11 11:53 am - TX
Oh my goodness.......I am about 7 weeks out and have had the same thing - pains in my hips where I have NEVER had that before...WOW!!!  I thought it was my new bed and thought it was the bed (I got a Deluxe Cloud tempurpedic mattress) - I am just so glad to know that it is just not me, that this will go away.  I LOVE my new bed and did not want it to be the culprit.  That is so odd that this occurs.  Interesting....thanks for bringing it up. 

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/7/11 12:06 pm - OH
Often people experience pain in the hips and/or back when we walk because our body has to re-adjust our gait as we lose the weight (the same way it adjusted when we gained the weight in the first place).  This usually fades with time as you get your normal gait -- the one your body intended for you to have -- back.

Sometimes there is also bone pain that is not related to walking.  I cannot sleep directly on my sides even with a high-end pillowtop mattress AND a very thickly pillowed mattress pad on top of it because I wake up in the middle of the night with pain in my hip bones and the pain continues for most of the morning afterward.  The extra mattress pad helped but did not eliminate this, and I figure that if I still have it 4 years after surgery, it's a permanent condition (unlike the walking and tailbone pain which both subsided).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

angelindesgise
on 8/7/11 12:45 pm
 I took some ibuprofen today and it helped a lot. I know you're not supposed to take that but tylenol doesn't touch it.

is this ok??

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 523 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 507 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 394 views
Recent Topics