emotional wreck, surgery is wed

crystal P.
on 8/8/11 2:39 pm - KY
hello everyone my surgery is wed aug 10 and I am a emotional wreck, is this normal? why am I so emotional, I dont know why but I have about cried twice today over little small things, is this normal? Am I doing the right thing, I think I am, and I also think I am worth it and my health and my future is worth fighting for, but in the back of my head, I am saying different. this is normal, right

surgery date RNY 8/10/11, HW 345, SW 323, CW 308, GW 155-160, SGW 135

"what doesnt kill me, can only make me stronger"        
wynter57
on 8/8/11 2:48 pm - Panama City, FL
Yes, this is very normal. Surgery is scary, but I trust you will do just fine! My surgery is on August 22nd and I've had some of these mood swings and crying jags too. Hang in there, you can do it!

God bless.
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Tenaciousc1974
on 8/8/11 2:53 pm - CA
Yes,yes, yes! Very normal! I felt the same way one month ago. It's logical - you are making a huge change to your body and your life. It's ok. Hang in there.
Chris

start/pre-op/current/goal weights:  286/240/138/130

TexasBlossom
on 8/8/11 3:04 pm - TX
This reminds me of when I had a schedualed C-Section. Driving to the hospital, I took off all my clothes and told my husband I was extreamly sick. He pulled over and I threw up.
I knew that no matter how worried or upset I was, this was going to happen (having a baby, you have NO CHOICE) but your just realizing that a HUGE change is about to happen. I guess when I have my surgery, i'll be having the same issues.

Just breathe and do somethin gthat can take your mide off od your surgery date :) It'll help a little.
Life's Short. Pray Hard.
poet_kelly
on 8/8/11 3:17 pm - OH
It's normal.

Have you been on a liquid diet for a couple weeks?  If so, that could be making you even more emotional.

But you're getting ready to make a huge change in your life.  People get anxious about any kind of surgery, but having your gall bladder removed or something like that doesn't change you life forever.  This surgery does.  You aren't emotionally attached to your gall bladder (at least most people aren't) but you are emotionally attached to food and your whole relationship with food is about the change.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

crystal P.
on 8/8/11 3:55 pm - KY
thanks everyone for all your advice, it really helps, I have been so emotional and all this advice is helping me realize that I am doing the right thing and that i am worth it, I am just scared about the unknown, so all of you please keep me in your prayers that all goes well, tomorrow they will call and tell me what time to arrive at the hospital wed aug 10, so I am nervous about that to, I dont know if its going to be early morning or not, but i am going to go for now so ttyl and I will keep u all posted, thanks for everything it really helps

Sara L.
on 8/8/11 4:01 pm
Oh my gosh, this sounds totally normal! Have you made up a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight?? Read it!! Or write it all down if you haven't made up your list. once you've put it all in writing it should be easier for you to think about this clearly, and remember what started you on this journey! Keep reading the list as needed.
Hang in there, we are all pulling for you.

Sara in Maui
crystal P.
on 8/8/11 4:31 pm - KY
i actually have a 4 page typed letter to my insurance co, of why i want and need this surgery, i havent looked at it in a while, so good idea, i am going to go find it, thanks for your advice and thanks to everyone else's advice, it really helps, Hugs to all for the nice comments

richard74
on 8/8/11 5:47 pm - TX
i dont think theres anyone here that has not had last minute thoughts if they were doing the right thing. I had surgery on june 20 2011 and i almost backed out at the last minute before they rolled me into surgery. but i took a deep breath at have faith in god and left it in his hands. and honestly i did regret it after i woke up i too have never had surgery and was in so much pain. I kept telling myself what did i do? but every day it gets easier it took me a month to be able to sleep again comfortably on my bed on my stomach but 6 weeks later I have no regrets! I still dont eat normal but I understand thats part of the process and hey, thats what this surgery is supposed to do. Im happy and ive lost a total of 61 lbs total and since surgery its been 40 lbs. You would do just fine just take it day by day and keep posting here besides your doctor this is a good place for advice evryones opinions and bodys are different but you will definitely get support and hopefully answers here. Good luck on your journey and new life. Im so happy for you.
crystal P.
on 8/8/11 7:22 pm - KY
thanks for your support and advice, I havent sleep tonight because of nerves, but I am going to try to think positive and leave it in Gods hands and i think I will do fine and will be glad that I done it in the future. I am happy that you had your surgery and that all went well and that you are doing such a good job, keep up the good work, I cant wait to be on the losing bench with you, but until then keep me in your prayers and I will keep you in my prayers that your new life is filled with happiness and success

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 157 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?