Constipation - TMI

CoachArch
on 8/10/11 1:21 pm - NM
Well, I guess it's time to start Miralax. I've been struggling a bit each morning for the past week during my morning ritual. I'm going everyday, but it is very hard and hurts at times. This evening I saw some very little lines of blood in my stool. I called our team doctor and he told me it was more than likely due to constipation or hard stools as he called them. Has anyone else had this? Also, how long should I take Miralax?
Cherylkas
on 8/10/11 1:34 pm - PA
 I feel ya on this one. I am still dealing with it. I think that I have it under control then hello constipation again. 

Miralax never worked for me but Milk of Mag did. I hope you find something that works for you.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Michelle E.
on 8/10/11 1:37 pm
Constipation is an on going issue for most. Miralax takes up to 3 days to work for me.. Usually, I add the miralax in the morning, stool softeners, and magnesium tablets. I often use lactulose to really get things moving..

Michelle
Tammy G.
on 8/10/11 1:39 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
Before you get on Miralax or something similar, ask yourself if you are getting enough 1)water and 2) fat in daily. If you are, then chances are you won't need Miralax. If you are going every day and just need a bit of help, maybe you don't need the Miralax.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

kathy L.
on 8/10/11 1:42 pm - Fox Lake, IL
i take Mirlax everyday... doesn't hurt u at all. but i only go every 2 days. i dont know why but that's how it works for me. Hope all comes out feeling better.. give a day or 2 to really start working...
Ladytazz
on 8/10/11 1:44 pm
My doctor wrote me a prescription for Miralax and since I have been taking it daily, along with 2 magnesium oxide 500 mg, I have been very regular.  First time I can remember being this regular.  I was told it was safe to take daily and that is what I am doing.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

mandajolyn
on 8/10/11 2:12 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Miralax is good and it's non habit forming! A lot of post ops use it daily! You also may want to try a stimulant free stool softener. That will draw liquid into your bowel and make it more comfortable to go.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

samsander
on 8/10/11 4:11 pm - CA
I take the Mag-Ox and a stool softener every night and have "wonderful" results every morning.

In the beginning (and before I started this routine), I ad to resort to a Fleet enema every 2weeks, just to stop the PAIN!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

_Donna_
on 8/10/11 9:16 pm
When I had constipation, Miralax finally worked for me, but I now take Benefiber (actually its walmart generic) every evening in a glass of Trop 50 Orange Juice. It keeps me going every morning like clock work.

RNY 5-5-2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 324 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 345 views