Acne after RNY

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/10/11 3:29 pm - CA
Well at 1 mo. out now...I have noticed that my face has been broken out ever since I got home & it keeps getting worse...I'm wondering if it's from the hormones & if this happens to other people...or if it's just me? I figured that all the vitamins & water I'm drinking would have my skin looking nice...that's why I'm guessing hormones?
seattledeb
on 8/10/11 3:35 pm
Hormones.
It goes away after rapid weight loss.
Deb T.

kayleesmommy2007
on 8/10/11 3:44 pm
It does happen!!!  It will go way in a few months!  If I remember correctly, by 3 or 4 months, my complection was back to normal, actually looking better than ever, but thats when the hair loss starts!  :( 

-Jess-

"Life is to short, so make a decision and give it 110%"

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/10/11 3:45 pm - CA
Oh great! LOL If it's not 1 thing it's another right?
kayleesmommy2007
on 8/10/11 3:55 pm
It DOES get better!!!  I promise!!!  Threw it all (I am 18 months out)  I would do it all again in a heart beat!!! 

-Jess-

"Life is to short, so make a decision and give it 110%"

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/10/11 3:44 pm - CA
Ok good to know...cuz I feel gross! Esp. in this heat! I have always had minor breakouts but it is noticeably worse since surgery! Thanks!
Tenaciousc1974
on 8/10/11 4:02 pm - CA
Thanks for asking this! As my third big pimple was showing up tonight, I was wondering what was going on. I would have never associated it with my surgery. Glad to hear it's going to get better. I'd rather have the hair loss. But I guess we're lucky and get both!
Chris

start/pre-op/current/goal weights:  286/240/138/130

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/10/11 4:04 pm - CA
You gotta take the bad with the good I guess! Lol glad to know it does get better though!
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 9:45 pm - RI
well..... what about having acne BEFORE surgery?

Cause that's my issue.
Kristina41
on 8/10/11 10:15 pm
RNY on 06/26/12
I am wondering about this too.....I have PCOS and have breakouts, I was hoping the surgery would make it better!

Recent Topics