Urine color

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/13/11 3:01 pm - CA
So I have noticed that since surgery my urine has been very orange in color. Does this mean I'm not getting enough fluids? I mean...I'm drinking water non stop! Just wondering if anyone else has or is experiencing this?
Gina1013
on 8/13/11 3:04 pm - Canton, OH
Could it be from iron supplements or other medication? When I had knee surgery the blood thinner i was on turned my urine orange. 

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/13/11 3:08 pm - CA
Oh ok! That could be true...My multi vits are orange...I wonder if that's turning it orange? I was just a little worried that maybe I was dehydrated...
busy_blond
on 8/13/11 3:12 pm - Tyler, TX
my B complex turns mine neon yellow. LOL kinda freaked me out at first
Leann

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/13/11 3:19 pm - CA
Now that I think about it...my B-complex is kinda orange too! Maybe it's the dye...if there is dye in them? Hmmm...LOL at least I feel better knowing I'm not the only 1 who freaked out about it! ;o) Thanks!
hlacy
on 8/13/11 3:27 pm - Chandler, AZ
B Complex will definitely make your urine BRIGHT yellow, especially in the 8-10 hours after you take it. My multi has not ever changed the color of my urine. My bet is on the B Complex.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

poet_kelly
on 8/13/11 3:43 pm - OH
Do you know the pinch test for dehydration?  If you pinch some skin on the back of your hand, if it goes back to normal right away when you let go, you're not dehydrated.  If the skin stays in that shape for a minute after you let go, you are dehydrated.

It's probably one of your vitamins.  Do you have a follow up appt scheduled with your doctor soon?  If so, you can ask then and they might want to do a urinalysis or something to make sure that's all it is.  Otherwise, I would just call the doc if you notice any other symptoms, like if it burns when you pee.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/13/11 4:19 pm - CA
Oh thanks Kelly! I had never heard of that! It goes back to normal! LOL So I guess I'm hydrated! I'm sure it's one of the supplements now that everyone seems to think so...My 1 mo. follow up is on tuesday...I will still bring it up just to see what they say, but I'm not as worried about it anymore! Thanks again! I'll remember the pinch test next time!
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views