SUSHI......CALIFORNIA ROLLS

Torretta
on 8/13/11 10:25 pm - franklin park, NJ
Hello i wanted to know can we eat cooked sushi rolls  for protein it is wrapped in brown Rice I am 8 weeks out and i have tried it and tolerate it well i was nervous about to many Carbs  its 6 small pieces.  what do you think anyone eat sushi?     California rolls, shrimp rolls
my Nut.. says it is ok but she did not seem quite sure.

thanks for the feedback  have a great Sunday.

jhxyooj1
on 8/13/11 10:56 pm
I love sushi rolls and have been wanting to try it but I'm too scared. My doctor said I can try it, but I'm not to sure yet. I am about 6 weeks post op. I'd like to know if anyone has tried it being so soon post op too.

T. Deeds
on 8/13/11 11:08 pm
I tried them at about 8 weeks out and I tolerated them fine.  I don't eat them regularly, because I don't  have the nutrition information for them and I don't think they have very much protein. But, they're probably fine for a once in a while treat.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 11:32 pm - TX
California rolls aren't going to have any value as far as protein goes. Tuna has quite a bit and so does shrimp. I get "riceless" rolls at our local sushi place - the wrap them in cucumber. Other times, I'll just take the majority of the rice off before I eat it.
ktharp89
on 8/13/11 11:42 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
 I tried su****his week for the first time and it sat fine.  The thing thats weird for me is now after having sushi once the thought of it makes me sick. Which is a shame because I used to love it. So I won't be eating it much. Rice doesn't do well with a lot of people but I can tolerate it in small amounts.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Ale L.
on 8/14/11 2:43 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
i love sushi! some people cannot tolerate the rice, but i have been fine with it. since the surgery i love tuna tuna and more tuna! just be sure to eat it very slow and chew very well. its harder to eat becuase you have to take smaller bites, and it hard to bite through a roll instead of shoving the whole thing in your mouth.

i didn't try it until about 3-4 months out, but now i absolutely love it. possibly more than before : )

Day_dream_believer
on 8/14/11 5:30 am
One thing you have to be careful about is that sushi rice often has sugar added to it. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views