NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Jacbio
on 8/13/11 1:02 am
RNY on 07/27/11 with
I am 17 days post op.... Is it normal to eat a cup of oatmeal in the morning and not feel any pain or is it to much to eat?

poet_kelly
on 8/13/11 1:32 am - OH
I think it's too much to eat.  How much did your surgeon or dietician tell you to eat at this point?  At 17 days out, I think I was supposed to be eating about 1/4 cup of food.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cherylkas
on 8/13/11 1:39 am - PA
 Ya I agree that sounds like to much. I was also on 1/4 cup and at 17days not sure if I could have finished it all.

I would call you nut or check in the book they gave you. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Price S.
on 8/13/11 1:51 am - Mills River, NC
I don't know if I could have eaten that much but my plan was for 1/4c, 6-8x a day.  Too much for one meal.  Just because you cn eat that much doesn't mean that you should eat that much.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jacbio
on 8/13/11 4:08 am
RNY on 07/27/11 with
I think it says half cup... My daily food intakenis as follows....
1/2 to 1 cup oatmeal
Shake
1/2 cup to 1 cup pasta fagioli
Shake
1/2 cup to 1 cup LF ricotta cheese
Applesauce sugar free
Is this too much??? I feel great...drinking 5 17oz bottles water also

usmlednar
on 8/13/11 5:23 am - ridgefied, NJ
I'm just 5wks post op so am not an authority on this but I think that it might be a guy thing because u need more cals to burn could be that reason urn being allowed more amount of food . But still I would say stick towards the lower limit for at least a few more weeks and then u can increase o ce u've crossed the 1 month mark. Call ur nut or doc to make sure. U don't want problems this earlier on

usmlednar
on 8/13/11 5:26 am - ridgefied, NJ
But honestly not too sure about the kinds of food urn eating though apple sauce and cheese sound fine but oatmeal and pasta not so sure I was told that farina was fine but not oatmeal

nana2boys
on 8/13/11 12:07 pm
My dr. let me have grains at two weeks out, 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 492 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 555 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 543 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 255 views