Surgery is Tuesday what to bring to the hospital???

tamtully71
on 8/14/11 6:42 am
My surgery is Tuesday (RNY)  what do I need to pack to take to the hospital besides my favorite pillow and undies???
Kathy M.
on 8/14/11 6:46 am - summershade, KY
Hi my is Tuesday they told me to bring some thing to read and Ipod and playing card I'm taking my tooth brush  wish you luck see ya on the loser's  bunch

Kathy M

tamtully71
on 8/14/11 6:54 am
Thank you :)  I am nervous and excited!!!  Good luck to you as well
mycatkitten
on 8/14/11 6:52 am - CA
I was told to bring a robe, slippers, and toiletries.  Good luck!
H3ATH3R_C
on 8/14/11 6:54 am
Good luck with your surgery!

My surgery was laproscopic and I was released the next day so I didn't have much time to read/iPod.

I brought:
*A robe (to cover your booty in the hospital gown and to keep warm)
*A pashmina/scarf (nice to look a little classy and to have something cozy around your neck/cover your eyes to sleep)
*Stretchy yoga pants that sit below your belly button (I put them on after surgery so I could walk the halls comfortably)
*Chaptsick (your lips will be dry because you can't drink right away)
*Toothbrush (my breathe was horrid!)

Ale L.
on 8/14/11 7:01 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
i was only in the hospital for two days...i brought a pair of sweats that i could put on that were loose and didnt not sit on my stomach for the way home. a pillow for the ride home to brace your stomach is not a bad idea either. i was also very cold after surgery so either a wrap or sweatshirt would be great. everything else the hospital they should provide you with.

good luck!!!

NHPOD9
on 8/14/11 7:03 am
 I packed light and still the only things I used were basic toiletries, chapstick, and magazines.  I brought 3 magazines and wish I had more.  (I was in the hospital 2 1/2 days.)

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

jspencer1014
on 8/14/11 7:48 am - Riverdale, GA
My surgery a couple of weeks ago on Aug 8th. I was in the hospital for 8 days due to some complications.
I used chapstick a lot.
I used my slip on slippers (it was too hard to reach my feet at first).
I didn't bring a robe or gown. Just used their gown and another one on backwards to cover up with when I walked.
I wore the same loose fitting dress into the hospital that I wore home.
Extra pillows (bright pillowcases so they don't get mixed up with the hospital ones).
I enjoyed magazines,and my cell phone and charger.
I also brought basic toiletries. I was glad I brought mouthwa**** was the first thing I asked for when I got to my room. lol

I hope you find this helpful.

"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

Shelly D.
on 8/14/11 8:44 am - Grandview, TX
My surgery was on the 10th and I was in there from Wednesday to Friday. I honestly didnt feel like doing much of anything ( I guess I am a wimp lol) Chapstick is a must, cell phone charger, I wore the hospital gown and their socks. A pillow to brace yourself with for the ride home is a must as well. I didnt take one but my aunt had a blanket in the car so I had to use it. My mouth was so dry and I wanted some liquids in a BAD way. I think mouthwash would help to kill the breath and the dryness. I pretty much laid around and tried to sleep as much as I could. I am home now and it is getting better by the day, I will be glad to feel human again :) Good luck!!
maggiet
on 8/14/11 9:20 am - Durham, NC
Biotene spray is GREAT for the dry mouth! I didn't take any reading material. I was too drugged up to want to read anything. On the other hand, I left the hospital after only one day because I was doing so well. I would recommend the pillow, though.

Most Active
Recent Topics