Bad day. . .

NikkiV
on 8/14/11 7:40 am - OH
Today I'm missing carbs! County fair is this week and I wanna go with my family but I feel like I'm just gonna be miserable and tempted.  I keep thinking of all the pre-op junk I ate, and just for today I want it. I can't eat it mind you, I just want it.  I guess I need some recipes to change up my chicken. . .

Lisa R.
on 8/14/11 8:13 am - CA
Skip the fair.  If it is just going to temp you the whole time why bother.

I am 3 1/2 months post op and I miss carbs really bad right now too.  I want a muffin or a bagel or a piece of soft white bread....but I know it is my head that wants that, not my body. 

Stay strong, stay away from the carbs.  This is a life long thing you are going to have to deal with, we all are.  I wish I had advice on what to do when those cravings come, but I don't.  When I get them I just try to keep busy with other stuff and keep my mind off of it.  Not much else I can do.

Stay strong 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
T. Deeds
on 8/14/11 9:45 am
You've got to make the choice that's in your best interest and consistent with your weight loss goals.  There will be plenty of country fairs in years to come when your relationship with food has gotten better.

Candigirl23
on 8/14/11 10:28 am
I took my kids to the fair this year and of course everyone headed for the food row... With the massive curley fries and the burgers... It was hard, but the fear of getting sick and not enjoying the fair with the family kept me in check. It was tempting though!
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

kipz303
on 8/14/11 10:33 am
I went to the fair this year the night before my gallbladder surgery. Trust me, you'll smell the food and itll make you wanna barf just from the smell of the grease.  Personally, I think if you have to avoid places with food because you 'might be tempted' then the whole point of gastric bypass is defeated. There ARE things at the fair you can have you just have to be smart about it.

Go, have fun, and stay strong!!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

mdolan20
on 8/14/11 10:50 am - Brick, NJ
at our fair there was chicken, pork and beef kabobs! It was perfect! Of course my fav thing in the world is fried oreos and I did splurge on one. It tasted like heaven :) I figure once in a blue moon won't kill me -it's not like I keep fried oreos in the house!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

petiteposies
on 8/14/11 1:19 pm - FL
but,but,but ... Melissa .... was this before or after surgery?
personally, a fair, carnival or circus means funnel cakes to me!!!
mdolan20
on 8/14/11 2:01 pm - Brick, NJ
mdolan20
on 8/14/11 2:03 pm - Brick, NJ
post op! mmm...funnel cake!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Most Active
Recent Topics