Started my pre-op diet today. Yay (I think)

ladyprof
on 8/15/11 7:00 am - Marion, AR
So far I hate the shakes (Nutrimed; the shakes taste like Milk of Magnesia) but this morning I fixed their pancake mix and it wasn't bad.  I also had a protein bar, which wasn't awful either.  Tonight I get to fix their package of chicken noodle soup.   I was really dreading this but think maybe I can get through it after all.  We'll see after a few days!  I was very conscious of what I ate all weekend, thinking "my last this" and "my last that."  What was hardest to say goodbye to was alcohol, which is strange, because I probably don't have alcohol more than twice a month or so on average, but the thought I can't have a Cosmo ever again was a little tough.  I know eventually I could probably find some recipe with splenda if I  really have to, but I've promised myself not to drink at all for at least a year so  I can give myself every opportunity to lose all I can while I'm in the "sweet spot."  I was kind of surprised--I ate normally this weekend, even less than normal, and didn't gain any weight.  I think I'm ready. 

poet_kelly
on 8/15/11 7:37 am - OH
I was totally excited to start my liquid diet.  I know that probably sounds weird but It meant my surgery day was almost here and I couldn't wait.

I've never tried Nutrimed shakes, never heard of them, actually.  But try some different kinds, they don't all taste the same.  I don't know what flavor the ones you have are, but you can also add stuff to them to make them taste better.  I like vanilla protein shakes with a little Maxwell House International French vanilla cafe mix blended in them with some ice.  But you can get sugar free syrups, or mix some Crystal Light in them, all kinds of things.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics