3 month check up

sunpat41
on 8/17/11 8:58 am
I have my 3 month check up tomorrow and I am nervous, I am afraid that the doctor will say that I am not loosing weight fast enough, and get up set with me because I am drinking coffee 2 times a day. Any thoughts?

Patty
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

poet_kelly
on 8/17/11 9:16 am - OH
If you're not losing weight as fast as you should be, then the doctor will help you figure out why not and what to do to solve that problem.  However, it seems like most people worry that they aren't losing fast enough when they are losing as fast as most other people or even faster than average.

Your doctor shouldn't get upset because you're drinking coffee.  If your doctor recommends not drinking coffee, he should just make sure you understand why he recommends not drinking it.  It's your choice if you want to drink it or not.  He shouldn't get upset about it.  It's nothing personal about him.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H0WD0Y0ULIKEMEN0
W

on 8/17/11 9:57 am, edited 8/17/11 9:57 am - Baltimore, MD
 Wow I think losing 50+ pounds in 90 days is great.   My doc says that after surgery I can never have caffeine again.  I know that he says this because caffeine is a stimulant. I feel if you can tolerate it then what is the harm.  I have cut back to one 16oz cup a day and I havent had surgery yet.

Keep up the good work, your progress is inspiring.
Highest Weight: 235 Pre op Start Weight:222 Surgery Weight 205 Current Weight:152Goal Weight: 118
Nothing taste as good as Thin feels      

Kelly S.
on 8/17/11 10:11 am - MA
Hi Patty:

I'm also three months out and seeing my surgeon tomorrow. I am nervous as well, hoping that he's happy with my progress and that I'm healthy and well. I've lost 44 lbs since surgery (and 21 before), and I'm trying not to measure my progress against anyone else's.

My surgeon and I never discussed a goal weight for me (for a variety of reasons, not necessarily because he doesn't believe in goal weights, as far as I know), so we'll see what he has to say.

I wish you luck tomorrow and I hope you'll be proud of your accomplishment so far. It's a journey and it takes time.

Be well!
Kelly

aclay
on 8/17/11 11:01 pm - MA
I just had my 3 month NUT appt and f/u with the doctor last week.   I lost 14lb prior to surger and lost 40 after.  They said that was great. ( So they should hopefully be happy w/you too!!!)  I drink a decaf large w/skim 3 splenda in the AM and a small iced lattee w/skim 2 splenda in the afternoon to get me thru that 2-5 hunger.  Nut said that was okay.  She wants me to have 1000 calories a day which i think is really high considering that I have lost any weight in over a month.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics