Question about 6 month diet before surgery

shirleyann
on 8/19/11 1:31 am - SC

Thanks so much because this is an opportunity of a life time. The doctor I am seeing gave me a great plan to loose the weight and gave me the website www.myfitnesspal.com and it has really helped and encourage me! I am thankful. My is to maybe be at 300lbs at the end of my six month so, I have 42lbs. to loose. It seems like a lot but it is doable! I am definately going to give it 100%. I know if I grasp the good eating habits and exercise skills now, it will be a plus for me once I have surgery. Thanks for the encouraging words!!!

Shirley Ann

true2me.2011
on 8/18/11 1:47 pm - OH
Shirley Ann,

If you miss a month you may not have to start over.  I missed a one month but made sure to see the primary care doctor the next month.  The doctor's office wrote me a statement to say that due to cir****tance, I did not have an actual office visit.  However, I was still under care for supervised diet.  They also stated for me that since I had submitted diet documentation for the missed month, that they were able to supervise and give coaching for the missed month.  Alot of PCD's wilnot do this for you, so missing a month could make you have to start over, but it may not.
shirleyann
on 8/19/11 1:36 am - SC
Hi,
Thanks for the info. I have a state issued insurance plan called Medicaid and they can be a little difficult, I have heard but I plan to do everything that is right. I have the faith to believe all is possible through Christ. You are right though, you never know, I may not have to start over if I miss an appoitment but I plan to make them ALL!! :) I want everything to go well because like everyone else here...I so NEED this surgery! So, thanks alot and please keep me in your prayers! How has things been for you on this journey?

Shirley Ann
Libbyone
on 8/19/11 5:18 pm, edited 8/19/11 5:21 pm
Hi Shirley Ann,

I just finished my 6 month diet plan and I'm now waiting on my insurance to approve.  At the beginning I thought the 6 month requirement by my insurance was just a waste of time.  I was so wrong!  During this 6 months, not only did I lose 30 pounds, but exercise has become part of my daily routine, I learned to eat from a smaller plate and pay much more attention to what I put on that plate.  I've learned to eat regularly, drink plenty of water, and stopped snacking during the day.  I take vitamins on a regular schedule.  I have stopped drinking coffee and soda.  I've learned to push the plate away before I feel full.  So this 6 months has been more to me than a time to lose weight to appease the insurance company, it has been time for me to learn the new behaviors that will allow me to be successful when I do have surgery!

Best Wishes for success!

Libby 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 257 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 190 views
What's on your Monday Menu?