What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/16/24 2:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Thursday! That feels like a good enough reason for cake to me!

Today I have a very busy day. I had two meetings at the end of the day yesterday and a lot of work fell out from them and I also have a ton of meetings, so it will be a struggle to get it all done. But my niece just canceled our lunch so I can work through lunch and get it done. It's supposed to be rainy and cool tonight, so I doubt we'll go to the ball game. Teenie - I got your Knockouts shirt :)

QOTD: Media round up! What are we reading, listening to, and watching? I haven't had a weekend off in ages so we haven't really watched much tv in awhile. We started Palm Royale and A Gentleman In Moscow and I hope to catch up on both of them this weekend. I have been listening to a ton of fast read binge-able physiological thriller audiobooks which I enjoyed a lot. The author BA Paris writes some good ones :). I'm behind on podcasts, but if you haven't listened to season 2 of Beyond All Repair, you definitely should. It was incredible.

Accountability: Food was as planned. I forgot to charge my watch last night so I am not exactly sure about steps, but I remember seeing 6800 when I was on the train home, so somewhere around that.

• Protein half-caf
  • Egg white bites
  • cheddar cheese round & turkey chomps stick
  • turkey meatballs & air fried sweet potatoes
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/16/24 2:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

Not a whole lot planned for the day here. I might see my peer support person but that's not set in stone. I have to pick up a prescription and we may take a nice long drive this afternoon. My mouth is hurting quite a bit right now. The stitches are driving me crazy. It's like having a bug in your mouth or something. I'm also starting to lose my taste on the tip of my tongue again...I'm guessing that I'm allergic to whatever was in the big shot/block. My lips are also very agitated again. Hopefully since I only had the one side down it won't last as long!

I'm hoping to work on a chainmaille bag for myself. I got a bit of bronze scales to make one...I have no purpose for it other than I want it...LOL. I started the base yesterday so hopefully I'll be able to work on it quite a bit today.

QOTD: I've been listening to a guys stuff named Jeris Johnson. It's catchy as hell and it's fun. He has a lot of collaborations with it and I am just enjoying it.

eggs, soup and half melted cheese. Yogurt too.

Mel

White Dove
on 5/16/24 4:29 am - Warren, OH

It took me months to finish A Gentleman in Moscow. Some incredible writing and amazing story but I found some of it boring.

I read Holly last month and someone told me I need to read the Bill Hodges trilogy so I read those and waiting for his next book to be released next week.

I am watching Jarod from Subway and that is a disturbing story.

Our pool is open and I plan to be there Monday and Tuesday when it is supposed to be around 80 with sunshine.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 5/16/24 4:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

heavy rains predicted for later today, so I won't be biking. I may go to water aerobics or do something at home. I'm taking my mother to a dentist appt this afternoon. She used to have the driver at her senior living complex take her appts (or at least most of them), but she gets so confused now that it's probably better that I take her. Plus, with some of them, I now go in the room with her so I'm sure she's being honest with the doctor (and/or not forgetting to tell them things), but that shouldn't be an issue with the dentist. Plus there's no room in those tiny rooms for a "guest"...but I should be fine just hanging out in the waiting room.

The lawyer who now has all of her estate stuff (her original one passed away) recommended new Power of Attorney documents, because on the existing one, she has to be declared incapacitated by two physicians before it can be activated. First of all, that sounds like a PITA, and for another, he said a lot of physicians won't declare the person incapacitated until they get to the point that they're not recognizing family members. With my dad, that really didn't occur until around three or so months before he died. But there was a year or two before that that there was pretty much no way he could have handled his own affairs (luckily, his wife could - but there's no spouse in my mom's case). That would mean my brother and I might have had our hands tied behind our backs because there may be situations where someone needs to step in, but legally, we might not be able to. So the attorney is drawing up a new document where technically, the POA will be immediately activated, but we would just step in when my mother is unable to do so. I explained it to her yesterday about three times, and she finally said she was OK with that - but she'll have to go in and sign the paperwork. The lawyer said to bring her in on a day when she's lucid - but than can change from hour to hour. I asked him to leave it at the front desk so it's ready for her to sign whenever we drop in - because making an appt for us to go in would be nuts. We probably would have to reschedule it a few times to have it coincide with when she's thinking straight. Anyway, I hope this works out. When we added me to her bank accounts a few months ago, she told the guy "I'm not sure what we're doing here", even though she understood it and agreed to it before we went in. I don't think that kind of comment is going to fly in the lawyer's office. I can see us potentially having to go back two or three times before she signs it. Ugh. Anyway, at least it's in the works.

QOTD: I watched "Found" the other night on Netflix and loved it. I'd never heard of this film, but it was highly recommended to me by Netflix, based on my other choices. I also watched "Baby Reindeer" (Netflix) a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, even though it's pretty disturbing.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with berries

protein shake

sushi (?)

hummus with baby carrots

probably should have the roasted vegetables with peanut sauce that I've been planning on having for the last couple of nights, but ended up eating something else

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 5/16/24 4:55 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

We leave for the airport in about an hour and a half. Last night we tried to start a fire in the fire pit and after a very smoky 30 minutes it started to rain. Hopefully the smoky smell from my sweatshirt doesn't seep into the dress clothes from graduation during our flight.

QOTD: We started watching Three Pines on Amazon. I think I am going to re-read my World War One history. It's 6 volumes, so should keep me for a while. Also, we watched the Holdovers the other night.

Not sure about food but will definitely hit CrossFit when I get home.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 5/16/24 5:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Safe travels home.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 5/16/24 5:13 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday,

I'm currently sitting outside in the sun with a cup of coffee. It's not a bad way to start the day.

Last night, there was only one other person at the meeting I brought to a social service organization. While the meeting itself is struggling to grow, the quality has been off the charts. The other person in attendance is a good friend and we got philosophical. He had brain cancer 9 years ago and it has come out of remission. We talked about staying in the present, not shutting the door on the past, and not worrying about the future. Energizing stuff.

QOTD- Big Freedia & Louisiana Philharmonic performance. New Orleans' Bounce Queen x Orchestra crossover.

B: coffee, eggs and bacon.

L: Rotisserie Chicken Salad

D: ?? Take out from somewhere on the way home tonight.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 5/16/24 5:34 am - Warren, OH

Matt, I am so sorry that your friend is facing something like that. It sounds like your talk helped both of you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 5/16/24 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning, Friday-Eve we got this. Yesterday I had a few meetings and then one of our workbooks that we revamping wasn't calculating right so I had to spend some time trying to figure out a different way to get the data we needed. The good news is that I think I got what we needed for this month and then we've got until next month to fine tune it (it was a little sloppy getting it together).

QOTD: My usual stuff, 90 Day most of the time.

TSS: 9 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: BBQ turkey burger, garlic green beans, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: I HAVE to call PT today

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1432 Protein:116 Carbs:133 Fat:52

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 5/16/24 5:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I just had to spend a day texting a friend once an hour until she made some very needed DR appt. I can do the same for you!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics