Oh NO SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!

Smileygrl810
on 8/22/11 3:25 am
Ok... So here I am... Finally under the 200lb mark. YAY!!! I struggle daily with seeing myself as others do. I see the scales numbers and I know my pant size has shrunk (I'm in a 16, yay!) Anyways.... I went to my hair salon the other day to get my hair cut and there's a new receptionist there who was a bit strange but whatever.... She was getting ready to leave for the day and as I was sitting in the waiting area for my hair lady to call me back she stops and says to me.... are you ready for this???.... That B!@%$ says "when are you due?" WTF?????? 
I have weighed as high as 318lbs before and have NEVER been asked that question. I'm now 199lbs and someone asks me when I'm due???? Seriously... that didn't help my self esteem at all! I know she felt super dumb after I told her I wasn't pregnant but sheesh!!! I've never wanted to slap the crap outta someone like that before!
Just wanted to vent.... It really bothered me b/c I have such self image issues. So now not only do I see myself as the "fatter" version still... I now also see myself as looking like a fat pregnant lady. lol 
Moral of the story: NEVER ask a lady if she's pregnant or when she's due UNLESS you know FOR SURE she's pregnant!!!!!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Jenny_D
on 8/22/11 3:29 am - Canton, GA
Who was the comedian who said to never assume a woman is pregnant unless you actually see a baby emerging from her vagina? This idiot needs to heed that advice.

So sorry you had to deal with that, hon. You are doing FANTASTIC, BTW! Keep up the good work.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

Vanessa A.
on 8/22/11 3:35 am - FL
Wow what an idiot! I'm sorry you went through that!. I have been asked that question before and its very embarrassing , i know and my highest weigh has been 290lbs. So i know how you feel. Just remember your loosing weight all over an the tummy is the slowest fat to go( or at least on me).

God grant me with the serenity to accept the things i cannot change ;  Courage to change the things that i can ;  and the wisdom to know the difference!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/22/11 3:40 am, edited 8/22/11 3:40 am
in her defense.... as we lose weight - a lot of us lose it in the face, then arms... but our bellies - like to keep the extras... so ... we do look thin in a face... with a small belly... that looks like a normal skinny pregnant person...
sorry you had to deal with that..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Pholaris
on 8/22/11 3:42 am
Oh man do I feel your pain or what!?!?!?! I lost 135 lbs and this summer I have been asked when I am due more than 6 times already (yes I have counted LOL) so freaking irritating. I guess because all I have is the left skin on my tummy, and the rest of my body looks pretty slim, they assume that I am just pregnant. It can be very disheartening.

Keep your chin high, pay them no mind, they are just rude for asking anyway, and know that you are beutiful and that you are looking gorgeous!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Jenny_D
on 8/22/11 3:50 am - Canton, GA
BTW...I don't think we can win either way.  When I was actually pregnant, people couldn't tell because I was fat too.  I was waddling around 9 months pregnant and if I said it to a stranger they were like, "Oh really?" with surprise in their voice. LOL. To me, my belly was huge and obvious, but to most others, I just looked even fatter. Sigh.

One of the teachers in my daughter's pre-school would say to me - regularly - "You don't even LOOK pregnant!" when I was about to pop and she had no idea how insulting that was.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

Carla M.
on 8/22/11 4:53 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
As a pre-op, I was asked that question by someone at least once a day. It used to really irritate me, but then I thought to myself that pregnant people are cute. I'd much rather be mistaken for pregnant than just fat any day. Granted, I never turned down an opportunity to make that person feel like an a$$ for asking though. Not that it makes it right, but so they don't ask that question to anyone anymore. It's true, never assume.

Sorry you had to deal with someone's stupidity.
cptprkchp
on 8/22/11 5:14 am
Before I had surgery I was apple shaped and all of weight was in my stomach so I was asked that question all the time.. my usual response was "May of 97" as that was when my daughter was born.  Since then, I have been asked because I am skinny as a rail but have some extra skin on my stomach so I am a juniors size 2 but still occasionally get asked the dreaded question... I still say "May of 97".  I figure if someone is dumb enough to ask they deserve to be made to feel stupid...lol.
immafatgirl
on 8/22/11 5:14 am - KY
as we go about in our weight loss surgery journey, we have to ignore the dunnies out there. dont let one person get to you. the next time you see her , just throw your head up and walk on by. hopefully you wont see her again. ive been asked that at my daughters school. and i was told by another child, "i was round" words can hurt . but you know you are headed to a different version of you. forget that and know u r on your way ..  
D-J
on 8/22/11 5:37 am
sorry you had to deal with that nonsense hun,some people just don't think before they speak,,i suppose thats the benefit of getting old then,,nobody in their right mind would ever think me pregnant,,
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views
Recent Topics